Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,282 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct
  • Year: 2006

Posted 22 February 2010 - 05:18 PM

Cant you just replace the steering wheel i know it means removing the airbag but still id of thought thatd be easier. Go easy on the tint spray or film my mate did it to his fiesta and buggered the lights lol but il admit i do like the black on the bottom and red on the top get some back to black on it to make it EXTRA dark Posted Image . How can you lightly tint the headlights though thought that was illegal and if youve fitted the xeon bulbs wont it ruin the effect anol. LEATHERRR SEATTSSS love mine with a passion best thing ive ever invested in transformed the car inside.

Mike

i could replathe wheel but the new leather 2 tone cover to match the interior is 14 quid genuine leather all you have to do is stitch it i looked at sterering wheels and for sheer comfort i like the standard one plus i like to know i did it myself the steering wheel is the only bit of the whole interior thats marked or worn only on the top iof the wheel not sure about the legality with the vws we ordsered a film that goes over the top of the existing light that had a legal smoked tint to it ive got some good back to black stuff there that i put on standard turtle wax stuff thats quite good yep leather with the arm rest to boot

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 ford focus edge

ford focus edge

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • Name: Mike
  • Ford Model: Focus 2.5T ST-2
  • Year: 2008

Posted 22 February 2010 - 06:44 PM

i could replathe wheel but the new leather 2 tone cover to match the interior is 14 quid genuine leather all you have to do is stitch it i looked at sterering wheels and for sheer comfort i like the standard one plus i like to know i did it myself the steering wheel is the only bit of the whole interior thats marked or worn only on the top iof the wheel not sure about the legality with the vws we ordsered a film that goes over the top of the existing light that had a legal smoked tint to it ive got some good back to black stuff there that i put on standard turtle wax stuff thats quite good yep leather with the arm rest to boot

I like knowing ive done it myself aswell. What about eyebrows if you get a half deacent pair they look preaty tidy and they can just be peeled off if you dont like them. My steering wheel is only worn on the top right because i usually rest my hand there and when i buggerd my wrist the cast stuff seemed to have a nasty effect with the leather

Mike

#18 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,282 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 08:09 PM

I like knowing ive done it myself aswell. What about eyebrows if you get a half deacent pair they look preaty tidy and they can just be peeled off if you dont like them. My steering wheel is only worn on the top right because i usually rest my hand there and when i buggerd my wrist the cast stuff seemed to have a nasty effect with the leather

Mike

http://www.redlinema...fumhp9g0hauo9u0 ive been looking at these i can get very good colour match paint so pepper red for them to cover up the top of the lights i was gonna get a set of projectors but to be honest the funds just dont stretch that far right now i almost hada set from a scrap yard local went to get the 50 quid for them by the time i git back they were gone well gutted im gonna get these wheel covers easy to do just have to be patient http://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item48351fc569 ignore the first pic and look at the bottom i emailed andf they can do it in black and suilver to match the interior so well chuffed with that

#19 ford focus edge

ford focus edge

• PipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 08:28 PM

http://www.redlinema...fumhp9g0hauo9u0 ive been looking at these i can get very good colour match paint so pepper red for them to cover up the top of the lights i was gonna get a set of projectors but to be honest the funds just dont stretch that far right now i almost hada set from a scrap yard local went to get the 50 quid for them by the time i git back they were gone well gutted im gonna get these wheel covers easy to do just have to be patient http://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item48351fc569 ignore the first pic and look at the bottom i emailed andf they can do it in black and suilver to match the interior so well chuffed with that

Projectors look better then people give um credit for in truth when there switched of mine just look like xeon's and same on the funds front, just need a few cans of spray and some nice weather to do most of what ive got planned/need to tidy. That wheel trim wasnt as bad as i was expecting but black and silver leather? really! lol id have it so it matched the center of the wheel then again you do habe the painted vents etc i dont know i need to see it before i can slate you for it :P

Mike

#20 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,282 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 08:54 PM

Projectors look better then people give um credit for in truth when there switched of mine just look like xeon's and same on the funds front, just need a few cans of spray and some nice weather to do most of what ive got planned/need to tidy. That wheel trim wasnt as bad as i was expecting but black and silver leather? really! lol id have it so it matched the center of the wheel then again you do habe the painted vents etc i dont know i need to see it before i can slate you for it Posted Image

Mike

this is what it will look like steeringwheel.jpg bare in mind ive done the vents to match

#21 ford focus edge

ford focus edge

• PipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 09:05 PM

this is what it will look like steeringwheel.jpg bare in mind ive done the vents to match

Ok fair does that acctually alright just keep it clean lol. Another question thought have you found your dash to be flaking paint off the silver center console?

Mike

#22 Knight Focus

Knight Focus

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Ford Model: 2004 Focus LX 1.8

Posted 22 February 2010 - 10:15 PM

Another question thought have you found your dash to be flaking paint off the silver center console?

Mike

Mine has, but it was only where it had been damaged by some ham-fisted idiot removing the stereo. Just ordered another off e-Bay for a tenner, so I'll see how that one looks when it arrives.

Next purchase? Lockwood white dials!

Mike

#23 ford focus edge

ford focus edge

• PipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 10:17 PM

Mine has, but it was only where it had been damaged by some ham-fisted idiot removing the stereo. Just ordered another off e-Bay for a tenner, so I'll see how that one looks when it arrives.

Next purchase? Lockwood white dials!

Mike

Tried the dials shafted the clutser been there done that lol, i was thinking of spraying mine up again in magnum grey just something a bit different.

Mike

#24 Knight Focus

Knight Focus

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 10:21 PM

What happened with the cluster? I changed them on my Scenic with no problems, and that involved taking the whole dash off!

Mike

#25 ford focus edge

ford focus edge

• PipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 10:23 PM

What happened with the cluster? I changed them on my Scenic with no problems, and that involved taking the whole dash off!

Mike

I took the pins of with spoons, heated the glue etc but they wouldant come of so i used a tad to much force and riped the motor out lmao the cluster on a focus is i think 4 screws its an absoutle doddle to take of took me about 5 mins id love blue backlight dials but im not going to take the risk again lol.

Mike

#26 Knight Focus

Knight Focus

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 10:27 PM

Mmmmmm, might just stick with chrome rings then!!

Mike

#27 ford focus edge

ford focus edge

• PipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 10:38 PM

Mmmmmm, might just stick with chrome rings then!!

Mike

There just not designed for it in truth and if yours are the magnetic ones then its just more effort than its worth to get them back to the 0 point unless you draw on the dials etc basically its a faf lol sorry to wizz on ur fire like but yeah chrome rings dont look to bad :P

Mike

#28 Knight Focus

Knight Focus

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 11:01 PM

Glad you told me! You saved me 30 and a bunch of hassle!!

Mike

#29 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,282 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 07:19 PM

Glad you told me! You saved me 30 and a bunch of hassle!!

Mike

wy dont you p[aint the surround for the dash the clock one i mean personally i actaully like the clocks the way they are ypou can silver them with a silver paint pen do it right and it looks good saw a pic somewhere yeah the covers quite nice ive got all black and silver so my idea was have the two tone cover on the wheel and leave the dial surround black so it isnt too much silver

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users