Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Need some help with keys

Nebs

Hi, i Just brought a ford fiesta Zetec (53 plate).

However it only came with one key (a little annoyed about this but i got the car for a reasonable price).

I have looked around the internet trying to find out how to get a new key and it seems like i have to get another through ford...which might be rather pricey :(

is there another way to get duplicate keys with only one original key (without going through ford?).

Also it didnt have a remote key with it, being a zetec (late 2003 model) I would have thought it would have had remote locking. Is there a way to check if it has remote locking if so how would i go about doing this?

Regards

Chris

Hello mate, this should have remote locking, and they key and fob is around £50 from you Ford dealer, if you only have 1 key there is no wayround getting the 2nd prog in apart from the dealer using IDS, this only take around 15 mins using the coded access but they may charge you more due to using IDS.

Hello mate, this should have remote locking, and they key and fob is around £50 from you Ford dealer, if you only have 1 key there is no wayround getting the 2nd prog in apart from the dealer using IDS, this only take around 15 mins using the coded access but they may charge you more due to using IDS.

although is there away to make 100% sure it has RCL? would calling ford and giving me the VIN number of my car give me a definitive answer?

also were ALL Zetecs sold with RCL standard? (Fiesta Zetec 1.4 5dr 2003)

Sorry for tha questions just trying to put my mind at rest as I would like to have RCL :)

cheers

chris

No idea how 'the controller' figures your car should have remote central locking, i bought an 04 plate 1.4 zetec, got 3 keys and the car doesn't have remote locking! The car was bought from a Ford dealer and when i asked about RCL, i was told no the car didn't have it!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club