Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help Newbe Alert!!!!!

andyjm

help !!!

ive just bought a 98 ka3 for my wife to run to work and back.

Ive got a small problem i hope, when i test drove it i told the guy it skipped a beat, but didnt do it again. The next day he was delivering for me and he rang me up and said its just done it again so he took it back to the work shop and changed the plugs and it done it again and he changed 1 of the leads because it had broke close to the plug.

I then ran it up the motorway and it just cut clean out pulled over and it re started no problems but then it started skipping a beat again so i took it back and we put it on a snapon diagonstic and it came up as engine rev limit retched, so he un plugged the sensor going to the gearbox.

Since then all the leads have been changed and new plugs are in no faults showing on the ecu other than that sensor disconnected im thinking coil pack?????

Is it worth putting a new 1 on? The fault is not always there and i carnt put it down to temp fuel status under load it just seems to skip a beat sometimes 3 or 4 times in a row others only once please try and help my wife needs it to get her up and down the motorway for 3 weeks !!! i hope not on the hardshoulder

andy

help !!!

ive just bought a 98 ka3 for my wife to run to work and back.

Ive got a small problem i hope, when i test drove it i told the guy it skipped a beat, but didnt do it again. The next day he was delivering for me and he rang me up and said its just done it again so he took it back to the work shop and changed the plugs and it done it again and he changed 1 of the leads because it had broke close to the plug.

I then ran it up the motorway and it just cut clean out pulled over and it re started no problems but then it started skipping a beat again so i took it back and we put it on a snapon diagonstic and it came up as engine rev limit retched, so he un plugged the sensor going to the gearbox.

Since then all the leads have been changed and new plugs are in no faults showing on the ecu other than that sensor disconnected im thinking coil pack?????

Is it worth putting a new 1 on? The fault is not always there and i carnt put it down to temp fuel status under load it just seems to skip a beat sometimes 3 or 4 times in a row others only once please try and help my wife needs it to get her up and down the motorway for 3 weeks !!! i hope not on the hardshoulder

andy

usually with the coil pack its constant unless its just starting to break down you could change it no gaurantee it will fix it these misfires can be down te ecu faults ide take it back and see what else he has its not much good if you cant rely on it to go anywhere could even be a fuel pump issue

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club