Do Not Sell My Personal Information

radio died when removed

billyboggins

hi,took old radio out and replaced with new unit.aaaaaagh!!! fittings at back are different to old radio.when i took old radio out of dash message came up 1 hour.any idea what this means .old radio is as fitted to focus is 5000 rds eon new radio is ford 6000 cd rds eon.help please old radio now dead after putting back in car :angry:by the way i've checked the fuse and its ok...but i didn't remove battery terminal before i started this game!! new to car and didn't want to mess up locking etc

Make sure that tjhe security panel is located correctly, this is the panel with the preset buttons 2-5 on it, remove it and clean the contacts and re-fit.

Make sure that tjhe security panel is located correctly, this is the panel with the preset buttons 2-5 on it, remove it and clean the contacts and re-fit.

The 1 hour bit is due to the unit being turned on with ignition off, it will allow the unit to be on for that 1 hour then it will turn off to save battery life.

The 1 hour bit is due to the unit being turned on with ignition off, it will allow the unit to be on for that 1 hour then it will turn off to save battery life.

found out what the problem is...the "new" unit that i bought off eBay blows the fuse when i connect it up..just goes to show that there is no such thing as a free lunch..thks for you advice

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club