Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mpg

gazorb

Hi,

In my 2003 1.4 petrol fusion what MGP should I got on short journeys with quite a lot of stops for traffic lights / queing traffic?

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

In my 2003 1.4 petrol fusion what MGP should I got on short journeys with quite a lot of stops for traffic lights / queing traffic?

Thanks

official figures for around town are 32/33 for a 1.4 petrol engine.

The Fusion 2003 brochure says(for an 03 plate), Urban; 33.2 mpg, extra urban; 53.3 & combined; 43.5 mpg

At a guess you're probably getting around 30 ?.

I'm disappointed with my 1.4 diesel's consumption, so say it's good for 54 Urban, 72 extra urban & 64 combined, I'd love to know where those figures came from, normal use (about 100 miles a week consisting of short journeys) I get around 50 mpg and on a long run (500 miles in 3 days, of which 300 was motorway, where i was doing 70-75 mph), i only managed to get 56 mpg.

Some have stated they got 60+, must've been hot weather ??.

Just out of interest why can't manufacturers simply be honest about fuel consumption ?. I've had my car 2 months and my "combined" mpg equates to 52.31 mpg, it'll be interesting to see if that figure goes up as the temperature rises ?.

Lastly instead of urban & extra urban, why can't they simply say: urban & rural ?.

The Fusion 2003 brochure says(for an 03 plate), Urban; 33.2 mpg, extra urban; 53.3 & combined; 43.5 mpg

I'm disappointed with my 1.4 diesel's consumption, so say it's good for 54 Urban, 72 extra urban & 64 combined, I'd love to know where those figures came from, normal use (about 100 miles a week consisting of short journeys) I get around 50 mpg and on a long run (500 miles in 3 days, of which 300 was motorway, where i was doing 70-75 mph), i only managed to get 56 mpg.

Some have stated they got 60+, must've been hot weather ??.

Just out of interest why can't manufacturers simply be honest about fuel consumption ?. I've had my car 2 months and my "combined" mpg equates to 52.31 mpg, it'll be interesting to see if that figure goes up as the temperature rises ?.

Lastly instead of urban & extra urban, why can't they simply say: urban & rural ?.

they do there tests on a test track and in a lab thats strictly controlled to make the figures look good we dont drive on perfectly flat test tracks or in lab conditions so the official figures will always be lower than what the manufacturers state they donty contend with traffic varied temperatures running various electrics such as heaters wipers etc traffic traffic lights speed humps etc etc etc take the official figure s and throw them out the window real world figures are totally different. example top gear took a prius for a week and found that the mpg figures in real life were around 56mpg no where near what toyota got on a test track and in the lab yet people see the numbers and assume they are correct when they are in a test but not real life

I'm disappointed with my 1.4 diesel's consumption, normal use I get around 50 mpg and on a long run (500 miles in 3 days, of which 300 was motorway, where i was doing 70-75 mph), i only managed to get 56 mpg.

Well my urban figures on a 1.4 TDCI + 05 plate = 43mpg

Thats over about 12 tank fulls.

Well my urban figures on a 1.4 TDCI + 05 plate = 43mpg

Thats over about 12 tank fulls.

yeah but he has a 1.4 petrol not a diesel we can only dream of those figures