Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Push Fuel Flap

ChrissyFiesta

Our 1.4 titanium has the push open Fuel flap. Slowly it has got sticky and at a point in not opening without help behind it....

went to Ford, who made comments of a WORKAROUND... However as my car was now 13 months old it will cost £38.67 to put right as not covered over a year on the body warranty. After much discussion we finally got the agreement that they would do the work for free. the service desks manager confirmed there is a problem with this and after a year you normally pay.. However the workaround fixes the issue in 20 minutes..Ford, to my knowledge have never informed of a fault.

Is your sticky? Not opening easily? After a year, it is not free as they class it as bodywork. My argument was that it was a working part that failed and not bodywork.. Finally they agreed. I could of easily paid though!!!!

Take care all...

Mine was sticking so I removed the plastic rubber thing, it tore....now it doesnt stick! Im coming up to a year next month! I need to explain that one lol!

Hi every1 as this is my first reply here!

I had the same problem, and last week i had my fuel flap totally swapped under warranty, it seems a recurring problem with these fiestas as all other cars in the service garage had about the same problem ones worse than others...

Mine obviously opened too easily as i came out from work one day to find it had been pulled off! It now doesn't close properly and its really hard to get the nozzle in, when i fill up...In it goes today to get it all repaired under warranty thankfully!!

my car has the same problem, contacted the dealer told not under warranty, called customer services told them the car has been in for a water leak for four weeks now this,reply no problem sir will get that done free of change?.Need to make a fuss with these people.

On German forum was too thread regarding problems with fuel cap. It seems it is bigger problem because since 14.10.2009 there is new fuel cap mechanism mounted in Valencia and Koeln, the old one could/should be changed, ask your dealer regarding Technical service Information "TSI 98/2009 - Stiff or jammed fuel flap" ;)

original thread in German: http://www.fiesta-ka-forum.de/showthread.php?t=66618

• 3 years later...

On German forum was too thread regarding problems with fuel cap. It seems it is bigger problem because since 14.10.2009 there is new fuel cap mechanism mounted in Valencia and Koeln, the old one could/should be changed, ask your dealer regarding Technical Service Information "TSI 98/2009 - Stiff or jammed fuel flap" wink.gif

original thread in German: http://www.fiesta-ka-forum.de/showthread.php?t=66618

Does this mean the dealer will fix it for free?

The official Ford cure for the sticking fuel flap is to cut off the bottom lug of the two mounted on the inside of the flap.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club