Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rattling Speakers

Andywest2k1

Hi all,

Is anyone else having problems with their door Speakers rattling?

My passenger side rattles ridiculously when the music is on at any decent volume.

I booked the car into ford and to my disgust their 'solution' was to go into the settings on the headunit and turn the bass down!!!

Obviously this hasnt sorted the problem, has anyone found a solution or had better look with their dealer?

Just double check, and have a closer inspection.

I thought my passenger door speaker was rattling. However, it was actually the A pillar trim. If you tap it, you will see how flimsy it is. Mine vibrated on coarse raods, and when I had the stereo on (with low bass. I have taken the car in before 12 months old (trim warranty)and they packed the A pillar trim. I know longer have a rattle from the passenger side.

Just double check, and have a closer inspection.

I thought my passenger door speaker was rattling. However, it was actually the A pillar trim. If you tap it, you will see how flimsy it is. Mine vibrated on coarse raods, and when I had the stereo on (with low bass. I have taken the car in before 12 months old (trim warranty)and they packed the A pillar trim. I know longer have a rattle from the passenger side.

Cheers for the replies guys.

What do you mean by 'packed' the a pillar trim? Sorry if its a dumb question!

they would have put something behind the trim, my car does this with certain bass, can be really annoying. took it to ford and they told me that they cant do anything about it as it only happens with certain bass, they told me its just one of those 'things' and nothing can be done!

Funnily enough I just made a comment about this in another thread. I've noticed it too and it is very annoying! :angry:

Using the aux-in the rattling starts at anything over volume 16 which isn't really that loud seeing as it goes up to 30ish. It seems to occur in a few different places, depending on what frequency is coming out of the Speakers, I usually have the bass between 0 and +2 max so there's not really any excuse there. I reckon that to try and save weight Ford stripped out loads of the 'excess' material from inside the cabin and left what remained more susceptible to rattling and vibrating - I didn't notice this problem with my mk6.

I have this aswell and it was realy annoying me so what i did was move the sound with the fader control two points into the rear Speakers and this seems to have sorted it worth a try :D

, they told me its just one of those 'things' and nothing can be done!

And you just walked out of there accepting that? One of the things dealers love to tell you is "they all do that", or "thats normal". In a way, both these are true - but only because dealers are so reluctant to fix problems, so all the cars end up with it. :rolleyes:

As they say, it's a Ford, they always rattle. I've used lots of blu tack to solve rattles in my Ka - use it anywhere where metal/plastic or plastic/plastic touch or meet.

Funnily enough I just made a comment about this in another thread. I've noticed it too and it is very annoying! :angry:

Using the aux-in the rattling starts at anything over volume 16 which isn't really that loud seeing as it goes up to 30ish. It seems to occur in a few different places, depending on what frequency is coming out of the speakers, I usually have the bass between 0 and +2 max so there's not really any excuse there. I reckon that to try and save weight Ford stripped out loads of the 'excess' material from inside the cabin and left what remained more susceptible to rattling and vibrating - I didn't notice this problem with my mk6.

What volume do you normally listen at? :blink:

I find that on my CD6000 about 5 or 6 is fine for the radio and 10-12 for a good CD :lol:

Looks like everyones got the same problem then :lol:

Having recently had both front door panels off to fit the Pioneer speaker upgrade, I know this region of the car inside out :lol: It is not the Speakers which vibrate but the cheap clips which hold the door in place.

My dealer "couldnt hear any rattle" when I told them about it 6 months ago <_<

It was driving me crazy so I fixed it myself when fitting my new Speakers. My solution was to take every clip out and wrap an elastic band tightly round each one. This created damping between the door and the clips. It has worked perfectly, I took pictures of what I did, Il try and upload them soon.

Is it just me or is this a really good design of car which has been ruined by awful build quality!?

I find that on my CD6000 about 5 or 6 is fine for the radio and 10-12 for a good CD :lol:

:D In my mk6 16 would've blown my head off! The volume settings are a bit different between the two cars. I'd guess that 16 in the mk7 is equivalent to about 12 in the mk6 - that was through the aux jack though. It needed to be much queieter with the radio or a CD, you're probably right 12 was about the max with a CD.

The max I will listen to is 14, and only on motorways. Anything louder is just uncomfortable. For normal driving, Radio is louder than anything else so is normally an 8 and ipod is 10 if I'm alone in the car, and 8 if I want to have a conversation with other passengers.

The max I will listen to is 14, and only on motorways. Anything louder is just uncomfortable. For normal driving, Radio is louder than anything else so is normally an 8 and ipod is 10 if I'm alone in the car, and 8 if I want to have a conversation with other passengers.

I'm not a chav but on my iPod I do occasionally have it on about 20 for a good song. Usually stick with about 14. 10 with others in the car. My family are always moaning that It's too loud. What can I say... I'm a rebel! :D

Hi

I also have a vibrating/rattling speaker on the passenger side and also the drivers side rear speaker.

Its very annoying. I pay for a top of the range fiesta and i get a rattling tin.

Jamie

I have this problem aswell. Like Fiesta Zetec X said it's not the speaker it's the actual door card. Mine rattles but when you press in certain places it stops (mainly the arm rest insert section). I've heard some people mention when they've had the door card off then some of the clips aren't even there.

If ford won't do anything about this i'll probably just put a layer of sound deadening in the doors, should stop the rattles and make the Speakers sound abit better!

I'm not a chav but on my iPod I do occasionally have it on about 20 for a good song. Usually stick with about 14. 10 with others in the car. My family are always moaning that It's too loud. What can I say... I'm a rebel! :D

Same! It needs to be loud enough to drown out my awful singing anyhow. I love loud music! My Speakers rattle too, and the base cut-out reeeeaaally annoys me. Also, when I had my music on in the car whilst I was waxing it at the weekend the whole car rattled rather unattractively :lol:

And you just walked out of there accepting that? One of the things dealers love to tell you is "they all do that", or "thats normal". In a way, both these are true - but only because dealers are so reluctant to fix problems, so all the cars end up with it. :rolleyes:

As they say, it's a Ford, they always rattle. I've used lots of blu tack to solve rattles in my Ka - use it anywhere where metal/plastic or plastic/plastic touch or meet.

Im too much of a pushover, il think il go back when i have time and be adament its not right.

Does sound like it needs soundproofing/deadening in the door cards.

So is this a problem with ALL MK7's or just a common problem with the odd few?

Maybe worth a poll

How hard would it be to add sound deadening/padding in the door cards?

Does sound like it needs soundproofing/deadening in the door cards.

So is this a problem with ALL MK7's or just a common problem with the odd few?

Maybe worth a poll

How hard would it be to add sound deadening/padding in the door cards?

Mine rattles occasionally from:-

Both A pillar trims

Something so far untraceable behind the dash on the driver's side

Something in the middle of the dash behind the stereo

The plastic cover on the inside of the windscreen which is fitted behind the mirror - over the sensor for the autolights

The rear side trims (it's a 3 door)

Rather disappointed because the rattles really do take the edge of what's otherwise a brilliant car.

Will be mentioning all of this when it has its first service i.e. just before 12 months old...

I seem to have opened a can of worms here!

Im glad to see its not only me suffering!

So what does everyone reckon the best solution is?

Not entirely sure what with. Probably Andrex........not the quilted though...to posh.

Will be mentioning all of this when it has its first service i.e. just before 12 months old...

Not planning on taking it to Lookers Ford are you? :o I'm in Sheffield too and I bought my Ka brand new from there, had several problems with it and their customer service is pretty much non existent and like lots of (not all) main dealers, they don't take care when servicing your car.

If you want problems sorted under warranty, use Clark & Partners, they are a Ford Accident repair centre and they do servicing too.

I'm the same, you've got to enjoy your car and enjoy driving and listening to music loud occasionally is part of the fun! :lol:

Back to the topic I haven't noticed any rattles in mine (touch wood)!

Not planning on taking it to Lookers Ford are you? :o I'm in Sheffield too and I bought my Ka brand new from there, had several problems with it and their customer service is pretty much non existent and like lots of (not all) main dealers, they don't take care when servicing your car.

If you want problems sorted under warranty, use Clark & Partners, they are a Ford Accident repair centre and they do servicing too.

Thanks for the advice! Been to Clarks & to Lookers so far in the last 12 months & found both quite good, though Clarks is a bit of a problem due to distance from work & their early closing times... Courtesy car no help either as I have no workplace parking. While Lookers is an easy 25 min walk away from my workplace.

Might take it in to Clarks anyway though as they're a smaller firm & I like to support them.

• 4 years later...

I know this is a really old thread, but I am hoping someone can help me as I am having this problem with my new KA!

I'm not very technical when it comes to cars, so taking off door panels etc is not an option for me. Is there an easy and quick fix for this issue without having to start stripping the car apart?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club