Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Warranty

HeadShoT2009

My grams car is coming to the end of it's payment scheme and the end of it's warranty so she's thinking bout getting a focus 1.6 disel as it's got better milage than her current one nut the only way she can afford it though is through a 5 year payment scheme so I was wondering if she could get a further warranty to cover that period also if you can how much would it be

My grams car is coming to the end of it's payment scheme and the end of it's warranty so she's thinking bout getting a focus 1.6 disel as it's got better milage than her current one nut the only way she can afford it though is through a 5 year payment scheme so I was wondering if she could get a further warranty to cover that period also if you can how much would it be

a warranty from say warranty direct would be 300 quid plius a year to cover everything on the car including electrics locks clutch etc a silver warranty is 250 quid a year and that doesnt cover electrics but covers the main parts engine clutch gearbox cooling etc not sure this is the best time for payment schemes with interest rates etc the way they are a bank loan would actually be cheaper and at least she will own the car as long as its on a scheme it doesnt belong to her till shes paid it off whats wrong with the car that she has

Well she's got a fiat punto grande 1.3 diesel and she only gets bout 32 miles a gallon plus when she got it the gear box was screwed 2nd gear was being draged into 1st so you couldn't get 1st gear, while it was in for that they found that the steering rack was screwed and this was brand new car.

Well she's got a fiat punto grande 1.3 diesel and she only gets bout 32 miles a gallon plus when she got it the gear box was screwed 2nd gear was being draged into 1st so you couldn't get 1st gear, while it was in for that they found that the steering rack was screwed and this was brand new car.

thats a typicaol fiat fix it again tomorrow has she tried getting some iof the costs back i assume it was a brand spanking new car is it out of its warranty now? i know what ide be doing kicking up as much fuss as possible is she better off getting it repaired and selling that they still make decent cash in diesel form

They fixed it and no it's not out of warranty yet (bout 3 months left same as payment scheme) and the other reason I also thought it be better for getting anova car is that on her fiat punto befor this the turbo was starting to go so a mate of my dad told here to trade it in before it goes completly as there expensive so if this runs out of warranty and the turbo etc goes she will have to fork a load out any way plus there's the bennefit of the savings on the fuel as the ford gets much betteb milage

They fixed it and no it's not out of warranty yet (bout 3 months left same as payment scheme) and the other reason I also thought it be better for getting anova car is that on her fiat punto befor this the turbo was starting to go so a mate of my dad told here to trade it in before it goes completly as there expensive so if this runs out of warranty and the turbo etc goes she will have to fork a load out any way plus there's the bennefit of the savings on the fuel as the ford gets much betteb milage

if the turbo is starting to go it should be replaced now they cant say no its still in warranty all she has to do is take it in and say that she had to get the rac out as the car wasnt running right and they have told her the turbo is on its way out and she should take it immediately to the dealer if she can get that sorted assuming the turbo is about to go then she will get far better cash for it ide agree with swapping it the punto never has nor will be a very good car despite fialts hype worringly all the new ford kas are made in conjunction with fiat

Nah turbos not on way out on this one that we no but my point was that if it did after the warranty was other she be screwed in my experience focus's are quite reliable well wen compared to the puntos she's had. As for me once I've found myself a full apprentiship I'm going to save for a while till insurance costs go down and hopeful get an rs( I wish but proberly won't happen)

Nah turbos not on way out on this one that we no but my point was that if it did after the warranty was other she be screwed in my experience focus's are quite reliable well wen compared to the puntos she's had. As for me once I've found myself a full apprentiship I'm going to save for a while till insurance costs go down and hopeful get an rs( I wish but proberly won't happen)

best thing to do is look on what car website it will give tyou a free valuation as to what its worth then look at how much she would get for it as a trade in etc then decide if the finance etc is paid off then sell the sod she can get a good second hand lowish mileage car for that even a diesel or extend the fiats warranty if shes doing town driving forget a diesel as you wont get good mpg if you are in town all the time shes better with a small engine petrol 1.2 1.3 etc theres plenty that can do up to 60mpg and they arent expensive what car has lists of the most fuel efficient but remember no matter what diesel or make of diesel you get it wont get good mpg in town 34 is actaully good some focus diesels are making 31 or less in town if you dont do a lot of miles on the motorway its not worth it

But the ford are bigger engines than what the fiats are my lecturer at college has a golf 2l tdi and he gets bout 58 mpg

But the ford are bigger engines than what the fiats are my lecturer at college has a golf 2l tdi and he gets bout 58 mpg

yes but hes not doing all town driving hes doing a mix of mainly fast roads or motorways and a bit of town driving if yoiure grans like most and barely goes near a motorway just nipping around town doing visits then she wont get good mpg diesels are not town cars they only give good returns on the motorways as many posts will show you most 1.8 and 1.6 diesel fords used for town driving are barely hitting 34mpg where as a small engine petrol is hitting 50 mpg in town only my seat disel hit 58-60mpg on the motorway but use it in town and it halved easily thats why i sold it it wasnt worth it for economy i was seeing 34 mpg my 1.8 petrol focus in town sees 35-37mpg ands the petrols cheaper than diesel road tax aint but cant have everything

But in that theory my 51 plate 1.6 focus should get better milage as I'm mainly town driving

But in that theory my 51 plate 1.6 focus should get better milage as I'm mainly town driving

its all dependant on the car and driving style.. in simple terms based on the diesel mpg posted on this forum for in town driving only my 1.8 petrol is more efficient and i get the sam eif not more mpg, but on the motorway the diesel will easily have more mpg than i will you should easily get 32mpg from youre car assuming its standard.

its a well discussed point that no car magazine etc will advise you get a diesel for town driving only they just arent that efficient hence why small cars such as daewoo matiz can get 50mpg in tpown driving with a small economical petrol engine most new petrols of small engine size are designed solely for town with the odd motorway jont thrown in they are basically gutless on anything other than town roads up to 60mph after that you have to throttle the life out them to get anywhere..

diesels perform at there most efficient at low revs however a diesel needs quite a few revs to get going so more stop start etc means more fuel burned where as on a motorway they will sit at 70 say hardly breaking a sweat burning very little fuel.. so its a toss up if she does a mix of a lot of motorway and a lot of town then diesel ,if she does mainly town a cheap efficient petrol is better.

there are plenty who bought diesels for town use with the misconception they would see great mpg figures and have posted wondering why they only see 31-35 mpg, thats because that is what it does people should ignore combined mpg and look at the numbers a diesel combined will show 50 plus mpg but look at the urban figures its more like 31-35mpg combined mpg iis useless if you arent doing both town and motorway in good measures my 1.8 is 47mpg on the motorway and 30 in town the combined is 37 an average i see 32-37mpg in town mainly due to the way i drive anticipating lights etc making sure i do as little stop start as possible so if i get 32mpg im happy as 30 is whats expected for town driving the punto on a motorway every day will hit the 50mpg or more mark .

i had a diesel on that very misconception it would get me to timbuktoo on a tenner and i realised i was wrong then it was explained to me so i sold it and got a petrol and i see the same sometimes a littke less mpg in town than i did with the diesel the last post was a 1.6 diesel focus only hitting 31mpg and used just in town they thought summat was wrong and as they were told thats normal for town driving get it on long runs out of town youll see very good figures another diesel bought under the same misconception that it will show 50mpg around town which it never will

its all dependant on the car and driving style in simple terms based on the diesel mpg posted on this forum for in town driving only my 1.8 petrol is more efficient and i get the sam eif not more mpg but on the motorway the diesel will easily have more mpg than i will you should easily get 32mpg from youre car assuming its standard its a well discussed point that no car magazine etc will advise you get a diesel for town driving only they just arent that efficient hence why small cars such as daewoo matiz can get 50mpg in tpown driving with a small economical petrol engine a diesel just wouldnt get that at all most new petrols of small engine size are designed solely for town with the odd motorway jont thrown in they are basically gutless on anything opther than town roads up to 60mph after that you have to throttle the life out them to get anywhere diesels perform at there most efficient at low revs however a diesel needs quite a few revs to get going so more stop start etc means more fuel burned where as on a motorway they will sit at 70 say hardly breaking a sweat burning very little fuel so its a toss up if she does a mix of a lot of motorway and a lot of town then diesel if she does mainly town and cery rarely motorway a cheap efficient petrol is better there are plenty on this forum who bought diesels for town use with the misconception they would see great mpg figures and have posted wondering why they only see 31-35 mpg thats because that is what it does people should ignore combined mpg and look at the numbers a diesel combined will show 50 plus mpg but look at the urban figures its more like 31-35mpg combined mpg iis useless if you arent doing both town and motorway in good measures my 1.8 is 47mpg on the motorway and 30 in town the combined is 37 an average i see 32-37mpg in town mainly due to the way i drive anticipating lights etc making sure i do as little stop start as possible so if i get 32mpg im happy as 30 is whats expected for town driving the punto on a motorway every day will hit the 50mpg or more mark thats why all business cars where people do a lot of travelling are diesel low revs means less fuel used and less engine wear and city cars are small light gutless cars that use very little fuel. i had a diesel on that very misconception it would get me to timbuktoo on a tenner and i realised i was wrong then it was explained to me so i sold it and got a petrol and i see the same sometimes a littke less mpg in town than i did with the diesel the last post was a 1.6 diesel focus only hitting 31mpg and used just in town they thought summat was wrong and as they were told thats normal for town driving get it on long runs out of town youll see very good figures another diesel bought under the same misconception that it will show 50mpg around town which it never will

I tried to read this post ... but gave up.

Can you please punctuate? There's not a single full-stop in there! :blink:

I tried to read this post ... but gave up.

Can you please punctuate? There's not a single full-stop in there! blink.gif

my apologies i was in a hurry i have edited the post.

Cheers pal cool.gif

i have a tendency to get carried away when im in a hurry, typing like mad but forget someones gotta read it so if i do just say so..