7 replies to this topic

#1 AnthonyM

AnthonyM

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta
Posted 17 July 2008 - 10:13 AM

Hi

I have priced the Ipod conection for my 05 Fiesta its 15 I'm just looking for some advice before i get it.

Does anyone know if they are hard to fit as the guy in the garage didn't really want to tell me (think he was just trying to get me to bring it in to them), I know i'll have to strip half the dash down to get to the back of the CD Player

I have the 4500 CD Player if that helps

Thanks

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Calyx

Calyx

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec

Posted 17 July 2008 - 12:42 PM

Why dont you just get a wireless one mate off ebay for about 5 pound, turns your ipod into a radion station the just tune your radion into it, just as clear

Phil

#3 AnthonyM

AnthonyM

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Posted 17 July 2008 - 01:10 PM

Why dont you just get a wireless one mate off ebay for about 5 pound, turns your ipod into a radion station the just tune your radion into it, just as clear

Phil

I have one it does my head in i'd rather do it the other way

#4 blakey260

blakey260

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta mk 4 1997
Posted 24 July 2008 - 09:08 PM

I have one it does my head in i'd rather do it the other way

its not that hard all you have to do is remove the cd player then feed the wire through to a place where u want it like the glove box, its simple really just aslong as uv got the right cd removal keys

#5 AnthonyM

AnthonyM

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Posted 30 July 2008 - 09:51 AM

its not that hard all you have to do is remove the cd player then feed the wire through to a place where u want it like the glove box, its simple really just aslong as uv got the right cd removal keys

Sorry prob should of been a bit more specific

I ment the wiring of it to the back of the stereo

#6 brins0

brins0

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta Zetec Blue (White)

Posted 12 August 2008 - 02:17 AM

I'm getting my Fiesta Zetec Blue this thursday, and I'm interested to know if the Sony stereo system that comes with it, has a port on the back which you could put a USB lead or similar into, as burning MP3s onto CDs all the time will become tiresome after a while, not to mention costly.

I don't really want to have to replace the entire head unit, as I quite like the one I played with in the show room, and from what i've been told, it's the stereo system that controls the voice command. All I want is the ability to plug a bog-standard USB pen drive into the stereo in mass storage mode (none of this apple/zune based stuff), I'd be delighted if I can with the addition of a simple cable...

If I can't then so be it... I'll have to replace the full unit, but I was planning to build myself a carputer for it anyway...

#7 CharlieGirl

CharlieGirl

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec Blue 1.25
Posted 12 August 2008 - 07:42 PM

Brins>> thats what I was thinking, have a look at my post.

#8 brins0

brins0

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta Zetec Blue (White)

Posted 12 August 2008 - 09:12 PM

Brins>> thats what I was thinking, have a look at my post.

I know for a fact that there is a standard stereo jack plug for the input, (we had a fiesta on our recent trip to Spain, and we used it frequently), but I was curious as to whether there was some kind of adapter that allowed you to use USB that may go into an un-used port on the back of the unit. I have seen some iPod ones around, but they won't work with non-apple devices I don't think. They fit into the ISO connector on the back of the unit, commonly used for CD Changers.

The iPod kit on my mum's BMW mini connects in a similar way, and appears as a CD changer when there is an device connected to it. This allows you to control the track which is played, on the head unit, which is far more convenient. You also get the track titles appearing on the screen as well then.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users