Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wanting Original Ford Bluetooth And Usb Fitting

calmcdermott

Hey all, I was wondering if it would be possbile to have the original ford bluetooth fitting as when I ordered my car I did order it but becuase they didnt have any at the factory it delayed my order and I told ford not to bother waiting for it. With that I am regreting not having it fitted and have to put up with a rubbish Parrot system, anyways looooooooooooong explanation over and done with.

Was wondering if it would be possible to have the original system fitted, what would this involve doing and if possbile the cost involved....?

thanks all!

:ph34r:

lol thanks for the contructive reply hehe thanks KeithC hehe!

what you mean this has been done b4 Keith :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

there has bin a previous arguement in regards to this but with mine my only option was not to have this fitted......

• 4 weeks later...

Right i'm back agaion with this query, from eBay i can get the cd player and the computer for £60, I know i would also need to voice control button so possibly new stalks, the usb input port and the mic. I know what i need to do to install it, do i need anything else?

Iv had enough of the crappy Parrot system fitted the dealer, completely useless.........

As we said on chatzy yesterday, i really don't think it will work. You will need to replace the light inside the cabin (one with the map reading lights etc) as this holds the mic needed to make phone calls and use voice control. Unless ford have put this in, but i don't think they would be that kind!

I would show you pictures of what i mean, but my car is stuck at Ford AGAIN :angry:

Hey all, I was wondering if it would be possbile to have the original ford bluetooth fitting as when I ordered my car I did order it but becuase they didnt have any at the factory it delayed my order and I told ford not to bother waiting for it. With that I am regreting not having it fitted and have to put up with a rubbish Parrot system, anyways looooooooooooong explanation over and done with.

Was wondering if it would be possible to have the original system fitted, what would this involve doing and if possbile the cost involved....?

thanks all!

Yes you can get a retro fit of an original ford bluetooth system but it is not cheap about 400-500 quid. I suggest sticking with the parrot as it is compatible with a larger range of modern phones the original ford system is geared more towards older bluetooth phones. For example since I have connected my blackberry storm 2 sometimes the ford system freezes and wont let me take incoming calls and most recently the car randomly starts ringing when there is no call coming to my phone. This isnt a fault with the ford system my phone is geuninly the cause of the problems.

thanks for the replys, im sure id be able to do this, im good with electrics and can get main parts for £60, if anything if it dont work can always sell the parts, i love a good challenge

Good luck with it. You should relaly come down to the Milton K's meet, would be great to meet you among a load of other like minded people :)

Good luck with it. You should relaly come down to the Milton K's meet, would be great to meet you among a load of other like minded people :)

Hey I really wish i could, im working an cannot get off :angry:

Let us know how you get on! I'm in the same boat bought a used one, but now really want bluetooth and USB, i've asked my local ford dealer and they said they don't do it :(

• 3 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club