Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Creaking Noise - Mk7

aph1101

Hi everyone,

Over the last few weeks, I have noticed my fiesta has been making a fairly noticable creaking noise when the steering is on hard (1/2 to full lock) when the car is going slowly. Times it will happen are for example when pulling out of a parking space, pulling into a tight junction, or doing a three point turn or something of the like. I have only noticed this happening at slow speeds (20ish or less) going forwards. I haven't noticed it in reverse. I was just wondering whether anyone had any idea what could be causing it and whether it is a serious problem. The car is the one in my sig and it has done about 4k miles.

Thanks guys,

Alex

Shameless bump :(

It seemed to have been demoted to the second page without any views...

Any help appreciated :D

Shameless bump :(

It seemed to have been demoted to the second page without any views...

Any help appreciated :D

I have the same problem. Is it the power steering?

I'm not sure it is....the power steering still feels like its working perfectly. I was thinking along the lines of anti-roll bars/suspension type things.

I'm not sure it is....the power steering still feels like its working perfectly. I was thinking along the lines of anti-roll bars/suspension type things.

mine does the same def steering related dont forget steering is electric and not hydrolic so guess its the motor creaking..

mine does the same def steering related dont forget steering is electric and not hydrolic so guess its the motor creaking..

Aah yes.. of course! That makes sense. Do you think it is worthy of a phone call/ visit to ford?? It definitely doesn't sound like a healthy noise :huh: :huh:

Not sure if its the same thing you are noticing but my Fiesta Titanium steering creaks when you turn the wheel at low speeds. It seems harmless enough on mine, just a creak from the coloumn by the sounds of it. It definately is noticable because even my learners comment on it! Had a Fiesta Style courtesy car recently and that did exactly the same thing! I just live with it, one of its many "quirks"

suppose i can answer this in one go...... as ive had mine fixed already...

strut top moutings is what you can hear... its like a rubber streetching noise at low speeds!!

mines was done at only 900miles!!! if anyone lives near speed bumps you can prob put it down to them... we now drive over then at 15-20mph instead of the 30 that we used to!!

had it on a few of my cars!

the problem u have is trying to get it diagnosed as they dont creek all the time!!

mini had alot of problems with this issue...

suppose i can answer this in one go...... as ive had mine fixed already...

strut top moutings is what you can hear... its like a rubber streetching noise at low speeds!!

mines was done at only 900miles!!! if anyone lives near speed bumps you can prob put it down to them... we now drive over then at 15-20mph instead of the 30 that we used to!!

had it on a few of my cars!

the problem u have is trying to get it diagnosed as they dont creek all the time!!

mini had alot of problems with this issue...

Thanks for that... I'll get ford to have a look at it when it goes in to get the EATC sensor replaced.

Have we ascertained whether this is actually a problem or not yet? I heard mine do it for the first time the other day and now it's driving me up the wall. It sounds like the sound effect when a big heavy wooden door opens in a horror film if that makes sense?!

In fact, my car has started to rattle in a few places now, which is highly annoying - newest location is around the instrument binnacle. :angry:

Erm... not sure really! I'll tell you for sure during the easter holidays as we are going to get it looked at. Mine hasn't done it for a few days :D

I`m going to meet Ford dealer tomorrow morning with this noise, but I think my Fiesta is afraid of being serviced as today it was barely noticeable that it is squeaking, few days ago I was terrified of how loud the noise was.... Maybe depends also on weather, now it is around 0, few days ago it was warmer, 3-6°C...

Oh right that's interesting. I wonder if its intermittent in my car too.

Harweyko, let us know how you get on at the dealer. :)

To be honest, I`m really upset, Fiesta is afraid of service or something because there was not even a small squeak at the dealer. The worst squeaking was when it was 2+ degrees outside, today it was -2 so maybe that was the problem. Technician told me that it could be also track bar (or how is it called, it is tube between steering wheel and the body) and that it needs only few drops of oil on right places. Anyway, I`m going to change my springs for Eibachs on Wednesday so they promised me to check it once more time, at least it should be +4 outside....

the problem i had is when they check the steering etc theres no load or strain on the steering so didnt do it! i got mine to do it by parkin on a hill and turning the steering lock to lock! generally does it when the cars been sitting for a while or in the mornings!

yeah sounds like a horror movie when the door creeks open! its rubber stretching! begining to look like a problem! my dealership blamed my Eibach springs... i think not as they fitted them!!

the problem i had is when they check the steering etc theres no load or strain on the steering so didnt do it! i got mine to do it by parkin on a hill and turning the steering lock to lock! generally does it when the cars been sitting for a while or in the mornings!

yeah sounds like a horror movie when the door creeks open! its rubber stretching! begining to look like a problem! my dealership blamed my eibach springs... i think not as they fitted them!!

I have the same problem, taken it to the dealership twice and they cant seem to find the cause of the problem :(

it's getting worse :(

I have the same problem, taken it to the dealership twice and they cant seem to find the cause of the problem :(

it's getting worse :(

Have you checked for any old women in your boot? Ford have just released that a batch of 2009/2010 fiestas have gone out to be delivered with old women in the boot (manufacturing fault) they usually respond to Maud.

Hope this helps

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

Over the last few weeks, I have noticed my fiesta has been making a fairly noticable creaking noise when the steering is on hard (1/2 to full lock) when the car is going slowly. Times it will happen are for example when pulling out of a parking space, pulling into a tight junction, or doing a three point turn or something of the like. I have only noticed this happening at slow speeds (20ish or less) going forwards. I haven't noticed it in reverse. I was just wondering whether anyone had any idea what could be causing it and whether it is a serious problem. The car is the one in my sig and it has done about 4k miles.

Thanks guys,

Alex

Hi, Have just noticed this problem / quirk on my fiesta for the first time, has anybody had an answer to this yet from a Ford Dealer, is it something that is common to the electric power steering and needs / has a fix, or another cost reduction to far?? cheers

We haven't taken ours in to ford yet, but when we do, I'll update it on here :D

P.S. 400th Post :D

We haven't taken ours in to ford yet, but when we do, I'll update it on here :D

P.S. 400th Post :D

dont bother taking it to fords, i have the same problem and have taken ti back to the 4 times now and they say that everything is ok. when clearly it is not.

i dont know if yours is like mine, but mine's getting louder and im worried it could be something sereous with the suspention.

i hope somone can find the cause of the problem as its rather annoying

dont bother taking it to fords, i have the same problem and have taken ti back to the 4 times now and they say that everything is ok. when clearly it is not.

i dont know if yours is like mine, but mine's getting louder and im worried it could be something sereous with the suspention.

i hope somone can find the cause of the problem as its rather annoying

Ours is definitely getting louder aswell... it's really irritating

Ours is definitely getting louder aswell... it's really irritating

yeah, its really annoying the fact ford cant diagnose the problem :(

yeah, its really annoying the fact ford cant diagnose the problem :(

Have we got a Ford employee on the forum who can look at the Ford system and see if Ford are aware of this concern.?????

Mine doesn't creak, but at very slow speeds to the left, Ie, Maccy Dee's drive thru, I squeaks!