• PipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • Name: Gavin
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Econetic
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:09 AM

Hi

It's bottom row  6th from the left acccording to the mechanic who traced mine out

fordfuse.jpg

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 2011fiesta

2011fiesta

Geordie Fordie

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,667 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: 2011 Fiesta Titanium Auto
  • Year: 2011

Posted 15 April 2013 - 01:12 PM

Cheers GJC n Antman
I've just rang the dealership - he said he didn't have any in stock but will order some and they should arrive this afternoon! - so collecting tonight after work - fingers crossed

#18 2011fiesta

2011fiesta

Geordie Fordie

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:05 PM

Just to let yous know I picked up the fuse (plus a spare), fitted it in the dealerships car park and power was restored to my little dash cam :D

Cheers again guys

#19 2011fiesta

2011fiesta

Geordie Fordie

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:30 PM

Yesterday, 8 days after getting the new fuse my dash cam lost power again - I plugged in a spare cable I had which has a little red light on the plug end - sure enough it didn't light up so I presumed the new fuse had blown too.

My dash cam plugs into a 4 way power adapter under my seat then that plugs into the power outlet. (It has a little on/off swith on the plug so I don't have to keep taking out the socket and plugging it back in).

So incase it was the adapter that was faulty and causing the fuses to blow I nipped down to Halfords and picked up a new one, THEN fitted the spare new fuse I'd bought last week - but still no flipping power!

I'm now wondering if the actual car's power outlet socket could be the problem? Is this possible? I think I've ruled everything else out.

#20 antman99

antman99

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk7 Titanium 1.6 TDCI

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:29 PM

Does sound a little strange, sorry if you have already tried this but in your adapter under the seat have you tried another device (to rule out dash cam).

Other thinking is how is your under seat adapter connected is it in the socket or hard wired, if it is hard wired have you checked the connection (Including earth).

Let me know if any of that implys anything.

#21 2011fiesta

2011fiesta

Geordie Fordie

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:52 PM

Does sound a little strange, sorry if you have already tried this but in your adapter under the seat have you tried another device (to rule out dash cam).

Other thinking is how is your under seat adapter connected is it in the socket or hard wired, if it is hard wired have you checked the connection (Including earth).

Let me know if any of that implys anything.

Yeah I unplugged the adapter (the last one and the new one) and tried a spare lead with a little red bulb on it from another device but that won't light up so its not the dash camera or adapter at fault, and changing the fuse didn't do anything either. So surely its gotta be the actual socket. 

And no nothing is hard-wired. (Dash cam into 4-way-adapter, which plugs directly into power outlet as below):

IMG_1631_zps648ff4c8.jpg

Dealership visit Saturday morning I reckon. I'll just have to grit my teeth for the next 5 days comuting to work without the camera rolling lol

:unsure:

#22 antman99

antman99

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk7 Titanium 1.6 TDCI

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:33 AM

I assume the dash cam does not work if plugged directly into the cars 12v socket.

Assuming not you may have a dirty socket, I had that, I cleaned it using a small pointy non metallic device (remove the fuse to be sure not to blow it) for me it worked and lots of small dust and debris came out, I still find it is not perfect but it works.

If you need to replace the socket itself I think it is plugged rather than soldered but I cant remember for sure, someone like inath who can remember removing the gear gaiter surround can confirm.

#23 iNath

iNath

ST-2 Mod

• Super Mod
  • 3,569 posts
  • Name: Nathan
  • Ford Model: Molten Orange Fiesta ST-2
  • Year: 2013
Contributor

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:17 AM

Yeah it's plugged in so simple to swap ;)

#24 2011fiesta

2011fiesta

Geordie Fordie

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:40 PM

Cool I'll try cleaning first - thanks

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users