Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Water Leak In Drivers Side Under Carpet

gregmarko

Hi

I am wondering if someone has any idea where this water leak can come from.

There is some kind of material between carpet (not rubber carpet-it is dry) and metal floor which reduces noises or something.That thing is always wet. It's not soaking wet. Just wet.Always. In garage they checked windscreen seal and door seal. Well, they didnt find anything. One thing that is strange is that clutch pedal is slightly wet and covered in rust. Can it be that water drips slowely under carpet? Because the rubber carpet is dry. If yes , how does the water apper on that cluthc pedal? What can be the source of this leak?

Anyone encounterd this problem?

Hi

I am wondering if someone has any idea where this water leak can come from.

There is some kind of material between carpet (not rubber carpet-it is dry) and metal floor which reduces noises or something.That thing is always wet. It's not soaking wet. Just wet.Always. In garage they checked windscreen seal and door seal. Well, they didnt find anything. One thing that is strange is that clutch pedal is slightly wet and covered in rust. Can it be that water drips slowely under carpet? Because the rubber carpet is dry. If yes , how does the water apper on that cluthc pedal? What can be the source of this leak?

Anyone encounterd this problem?

What model focus have you got? I have a 2009 model and its currently at dealership being looked at for exactly the same reason, insulation is wet like a sponge on drivers side.

Will advise once the cause is known!

Might be different but when I had this problem it turned out to be the pollen filter/Pollen filter cover (sits under the windscreen wipers) that was letting water in and directing it down under the carpet in the passenger footwell. Replaced the filter and cover myself with a total cost of about 20 quid.

See this: http://www.puravent.co.uk/filters/display_filter.php?id=39∂=M2118

Might be different but when I had this problem it turned out to be the pollen filter/Pollen filter cover (sits under the windscreen wipers) that was letting water in and directing it down under the carpet in the passenger footwell. Replaced the filter and cover myself with a total cost of about 20 quid.

See this: http://www.puravent....d=39∂=M2118

are you ure its wet and not just the way it feels when its cold it has a strange feeling to it where it can feel wet but youre fingers are dry? if it is wet then im surprised its under there and no where else but ide have the pollen filter checked

are you ure its wet and not just the way it feels when its cold it has a strange feeling to it where it can feel wet but youre fingers are dry? if it is wet then im surprised its under there and no where else but ide have the pollen filter checked

It's definately water.Thanks for the advice about pollen filter.I will try to have a look at it on weekend.

It's definately water.Thanks for the advice about pollen filter.I will try to have a look at it on weekend.

only place i can think of is the pollen filter as well feel up the carpet see if you can pinpoint where it started from other than a leaking window the pollen filters all that i can think of

Have you got a sun roof?

My son had this problem of water in his passenger footwell. It turned out to be a blocked drain from the sun roof.

Water is drained from the front two corners of the sunroof down the front pillars. I used an old bike brake cable to clear the drain and it sorted the problem.

No, i do not have sun roof.sad.gif(

how much water are we talking about not enough to soak the carpet i assume from what youve said so if it was the filter seal then it will just be starting to go and wont be very obvious that its leaking at all.its a simple fix so i would just do it then dry out the car and see what hapopens if after that it stays dry then problem solved for the sake of a few quid and half an hours time.if it still gets wet then you know that the filter isnt the issue

I think I have found the cause of my water problem. I took a plastc cover that is placed inside, and goes from top of the driver door to dashboard/windscreen. And then when a friend of mine was pouring water on on the top of windscreen small stream,actaully drops could be seen in one place, close to corner of windscree/dashboard. Those dropes continued to flow somewhere, somehow down to under the floor carpet, I guess. Although ,I could not seem them on floor but the chance is big this is the source of wet carpet. It turned out that the windscreen was not original and had been glued unproffesionally. I am going to run a longer test of pouring water to see that water down on floor. And will be getting a quote on re-glueinng the windscreen.

• 2 years later...

I have a 2008 Focus, just been in the garage for four days; water penetration drivers side and passenger behind. Result cracked/fractured seal behind dashboard! Would like to hear if anyone els has had his problem?

I have a 2008 Focus, just been in the garage for four days; water penetration drivers side and passenger behind. Result cracked/fractured seal behind dashboard! Would like to hear if anyone els has had his problem?

theres a spate of focis which have faulty seam sealant applied to the firewall and behind the dashboard area a few on here have had it you should be contacting ford mate

Look in the following highlighted spots:

barrastejadilho1bi77hc1.jpg

I had same problem.

Turned out to be the four holes for roof bars screws.

Reinforce with silicone or fit some screws a little shorter.

Don't know if your Focus has the same problem.

Compliments

• 7 years later...
On 2/26/2010 at 1:17 PM, top banana said:

What model focus have you got? I have a 2009 model and its currently at dealership being looked at for exactly the same reason, insulation is wet like a sponge on drivers side.

Will advise once the cause is known!

Did you ever get a solution? 

Is this a common fault on all mk ford focus? See so many members are blighted by this issue 

my wife owns a kuga 09 and i thought it could have been a windscreen at first , but the passenger side foot well is soaked ,but when you move your hand up towards the glove box its all dry  on carpet, so i was thinking maybe its coming in under the car maybe the drainage holes if you dont use it ,it tends to dry out leading me to think its spray from ground forcing its way into the car, via underneath or wheel arch area still ongoing lol

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club