Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk7 1.25 Power Loss, Cold Starting Problems

the_white

Hey there

I have new MK7 fiesta with 1.25 82k petrol engine and 20k driven. Since 8k, have problem after starting cold engine. Normally, when I turn ignition on and start engine, I'm waiting 5 seconds, and then start with moving car (slowly depressing clutch, pressing accelerator),in this moment engine starts skipping(seems like dramatic loss of torque). Then it starts to accelerate strongly. Sometimes it is dangerous when somebody is parking close to me... :ph34r:

This happens only when engine is cold and:

- Temperature is higher than 0 Celsius (in colder weather and, it not appear)

- only with Super 95 benzin (98 and higher fixes problem, but also more expensive :) )

do you have any idea what to check/repair? :unsure:

thanx

Hey there

I have new MK7 fiesta with 1.25 82k petrol engine and 20k driven. Since 8k, have problem after starting cold engine. Normally, when I turn ignition on and start engine, I'm waiting 5 seconds, and then start with moving car (slowly depressing clutch, pressing accelerator),in this moment engine starts skipping(seems like dramatic loss of torque). Then it starts to accelerate strongly. Sometimes it is dangerous when somebody is parking close to me... :ph34r:

This happens only when engine is cold and:

- Temperature is higher than 0 Celsius (in colder weather and, it not appear)

- only with Super 95 benzin (98 and higher fixes problem, but also more expensive :) )

do you have any idea what to check/repair? :unsure:

thanx

Hi White,

I tried to find something on internet, maybe this could help you, the problem is generelay related to incorrect signal from the Engine coolant temp sensor. "The pipe others have refered to is the engine breather. it's often neglected at service. for a few quid you should fit a new one (looks like popeye's pipe) and also the replace the little orange membrane on the other side (inside the aircleaner". You could find more at the links below:

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=129&t=84767&nmt=Fiesta%20starting%20problems

http://www.vauxhallownersnetwork.co.uk/showthread.php?203613-Fiesta-MK5-1-25-lumpy-cold-start&daysprune=100

http://passionford.com/forum/technical-help-q-and-a/328926-95-fiesta-1-3-cold-start-problem.html

Thanks much for links ;) Maybe there is something wrong with that sensors. (it doesn't make sense that it happens only in temperatures over 0 C)

Can you please send me any example of this engine breather? is there possibility to use it without damaging smthing?(fofi is under warranty)

But even though, most strange thing is fact, that everything goes fine when I'm using Super 98 or 100 benzin. Maybe something with wrong ignition advance?

• 3 months later...

i have the same problem but i found the solution....dont start moving by releasing the clutch and pressing throttle but just by releasing the clutch easy...like with a diesel,the engine wont die,the car will move so move a few meters and than press the throttle...the car will move with 1200 rpm so it s no harm done...i asked at a dealership ford and they told me that this is a fault on most of the 1.25 engines...

it is not a common fault on 1.25,probably something to do with ECU,go to your ford dealership,if the car is under warranty they will do the software update for free....