• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 craigyfatman

craigyfatman

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Ford Model: mondeo tdci zetec

Posted 27 February 2010 - 10:12 PM

hi there all, im a newbie so please be gentle,. i installed my 6000 stereo today and went to plug in the connector for the steering stalk only to find the plug is bigger than the actual stereo connection. does anybody know of a adapter for this or do i have to renew the connector?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 dezwez

dezwez

Dezwez

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,390 posts
  • Name: Derek
  • Ford Model: ford focus 1.8 zetec mk 2.5
  • Year: 2008

Posted 27 February 2010 - 10:22 PM

hi there all, im a newbie so please be gentle,. i installed my 6000 stereo today and went to plug in the connector for the steering stalk only to find the plug is bigger than the actual stereo connection. does anybody know of a adapter for this or do i have to renew the connector?

sould like you have one of the early 6000. The late ones have a round on off knob
hope this helps

#3 crusoe80

crusoe80

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.8 ghia

Posted 08 April 2010 - 05:36 PM

sould like you have one of the early 6000. The late ones have a round on off knob
hope this helps

Did you find a solution to your problem as I am in just the same boat, connector on the loom is bigger than on back of the RDS6000, any tips would be welcome to get the steering controls working - even if it is which cables go to which pins, thanks

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users