ford focus edge

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • Name: Mike
  • Ford Model: Focus 2.5T ST-2
  • Year: 2008

Posted 02 March 2010 - 09:44 PM

tut tut tut 3 points and youre backsidce please said mr copper a night in the cells young man and a red ring piece in the morning lol well ive had mine timed for 0-60 and its now 8.1 seconds which im happy with weird thing is thats standard so i aint complaining and nope i aint cat backing airboxing or any of that a standard k and n filters going ion it and thats it

8.1 how the hell ... a st170 is running 7.9 have you taken all your seats out, door cards, glass, taped up pannel gaps etc :huh: and the red ring was on my xbox :( bloodey microsoft sh*t. I only want a cat-back for the deep grumble + on the way to the beaches round here you've gota go thru some long tunnels ;) windows down, 2nd gear and foot hard down yes please!

Mike

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,228 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct
  • Year: 2006

Posted 03 March 2010 - 01:48 PM

8.1 how the hell ... a st170 is running 7.9 have you taken all your seats out, door cards, glass, taped up pannel gaps etc Posted Image and the red ring was on my xbox Posted Image bloodey microsoft sh*t. I only want a cat-back for the deep grumble + on the way to the beaches round here you've gota go thru some long tunnels Posted Image windows down, 2nd gear and foot hard down yes please!

Mike

standard my friend nowt removed 8.1 full throttle revving to the limit or 9.0 if i take it a bit easier had the red ring before call microsoft as it will be repaired under warrabnty in truth i got a brand new one and a new 5 year warranty as standard from xbox

#18 ford focus edge

ford focus edge

• PipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 05:59 PM

standard my friend nowt removed 8.1 full throttle revving to the limit or 9.0 if i take it a bit easier had the red ring before call microsoft as it will be repaired under warrabnty in truth i got a brand new one and a new 5 year warranty as standard from xbox

Thats what i did with mine 5yr warrnety got a brand new one replaced my hammered old one lol. With out a cat-back mines running about 9.9 - 10.5 weather depending colder and dry days it runs sweet as a nut and flys along no effort gonna time it with the cat-back and see what it does just ordered it today :D

Mike

#19 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,228 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 06:02 PM

Thats what i did with mine 5yr warrnety got a brand new one replaced my hammered old one lol. With out a cat-back mines running about 9.9 - 10.5 weather depending colder and dry days it runs sweet as a nut and flys along no effort gonna time it with the cat-back and see what it does just ordered it today Posted Image

Mike

after having both front springs done im spending nowt strange though prior to the spring going i had acreaking noise for ages that nop one could find and now its dissapered obviously connected in some way had it for months

#20 ford focus edge

ford focus edge

• PipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 06:05 PM

after having both front springs done im spending nowt strange though prior to the spring going i had acreaking noise for ages that nop one could find and now its dissapered obviously connected in some way had it for months

Weird noises like that are easy as hell to find or a complete pain, my cusin had a 106 gti and it had a bad rattle turns out it was the engine mount thus meaning at oulton park in the carpark we started the car and the engine fell out was hilarious!

Mike

#21 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,228 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 06:58 PM

Weird noises like that are easy as hell to find or a complete pain, my cusin had a 106 gti and it had a bad rattle turns out it was the engine mount thus meaning at oulton park in the carpark we started the car and the engine fell out was hilarious!

Mike

well were thinking it was either from the spring or one of the bolts wasnt torqued as its completely dissapeared just gotta pop in a new pcv valve and ellbow and thats another job done i usually change them regardless so ill get that done then a new coil pack even though the one thats in is fine

#22 ford focus edge

ford focus edge

• PipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 08:54 PM

well were thinking it was either from the spring or one of the bolts wasnt torqued as its completely dissapeared just gotta pop in a new pcv valve and ellbow and thats another job done i usually change them regardless so ill get that done then a new coil pack even though the one thats in is fine

I have absoutly no idea what half of that is but yeah good lmao. What i do know though is that the coil packs do go on the 1.8's happend to my mates focus then again he nearly blew his up

Mike

#23 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,228 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 08:58 PM

I have absoutly no idea what half of that is but yeah good lmao. What i do know though is that the coil packs do go on the 1.8's happend to my mates focus then again he nearly blew his up

Mike

common on all fords the coil packs they aint that dear and its an easy job so what the hell its done its done and thats another little job out my way

#24 thesilverfox

thesilverfox

• PipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus

Posted 03 March 2010 - 09:08 PM

Where and how was it timed? While it's not uncommon for stock engines to vary a little in power output (favourably too), there is simply no way the 1.8 (115bhp no VVT) can be as quick as an ST170 (170bhp, VVT) stock.

On topic, the 1.4 petrol is indeed available in the slightly more porky MKII shape. Surprising, as the MKII diesel for example, is over 200kg heavier than my old MKI ST170. That's a fair bit - the non-diesel models put on some weight too, but then it's a physically larger car (just).

#25 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,228 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 11:26 AM

Where and how was it timed? While it's not uncommon for stock engines to vary a little in power output (favourably too), there is simply no way the 1.8 (115bhp no VVT) can be as quick as an ST170 (170bhp, VVT) stock.

On topic, the 1.4 petrol is indeed available in the slightly more porky MKII shape. Surprising, as the MKII diesel for example, is over 200kg heavier than my old MKI ST170. That's a fair bit - the non-diesel models put on some weight too, but then it's a physically larger car (just).

was timed at knockhill by a riend who works there and its doing those times stock in fact there was a tester when the focus was launched who had better 0-60 times than ford stated anywhere between 8.5- 9.1 is the average times it can do it quicker but thats rattling every last bit out of it

#26 ford focus edge

ford focus edge

• PipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 04:37 PM

was timed at knockhill by a riend who works there and its doing those times stock in fact there was a tester when the focus was launched who had better 0-60 times than ford stated anywhere between 8.5- 9.1 is the average times it can do it quicker but thats rattling every last bit out of it

I know that a 1.8 astra can do it in 8.5 and in truth i always wondered why the focus was so much slower than the vauxhalls yet on the open road the fords are on the back of the vauxhalls no problems weather thats down to stupidity or luck is beyond me and for definate i cant keep up wich my cus's 1.8 coupe when he cains that. Yet i can hammer down a 1.6 16v astra no problems surley there cant be much difference in a 1.6 and 1.8 in both cars

Mike

#27 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,228 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 05:59 PM

I know that a 1.8 astra can do it in 8.5 and in truth i always wondered why the focus was so much slower than the vauxhalls yet on the open road the fords are on the back of the vauxhalls no problems weather thats down to stupidity or luck is beyond me and for definate i cant keep up wich my cus's 1.8 coupe when he cains that. Yet i can hammer down a 1.6 16v astra no problems surley there cant be much difference in a 1.6 and 1.8 in both cars

Mike

personall i think its down to a few things the condition of the engine for 1 a well serviced healthy engine will perform better and i know mines well looked after and the engines healthy and drivers the focus can rev and the zetec engine likes to rev where some cars dont and of course tyhe driver i find its down to the gear changes myself i use maximum revs and double clutch that way you dont lose valuable power just fitted this gear knob got it for free 8898_1_b.jpg

#28 ford focus edge

ford focus edge

• PipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 06:17 PM

personall i think its down to a few things the condition of the engine for 1 a well serviced healthy engine will perform better and i know mines well looked after and the engines healthy and drivers the focus can rev and the zetec engine likes to rev where some cars dont and of course tyhe driver i find its down to the gear changes myself i use maximum revs and double clutch that way you dont lose valuable power just fitted this gear knob got it for free 8898_1_b.jpg

If im absoutly naling it i "rip" shift its not the smoothest of ways and its not to good for the car but it means minimum time off the power. The beast is going in for a service soon and an mot but its kept absoutly immaculiate abeit a tad muddy i think he needs some new sparks and the filters could probs do with a change after being on the car for a good 10 months. Mine had the offical ford ritchbook chrome one on but it did my f***in head in was freezing cold in winter and burned my hand on it in summer :blink: cant win lol.

Mike

#29 thesilverfox

thesilverfox

• PipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus

Posted 04 March 2010 - 07:00 PM

What equipment at Knockhill was this person using? Excuse my skepticism, but having had the pleasure of driving a number of 1.8 petrols, it's just very hard to comprehend. I also don't understand how you mention "rattling every last bit out of it". It either does it, or it doesn't, surely there should be no inbetween? Off topic, apologies.

#30 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,228 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 07:16 PM

What equipment at Knockhill was this person using? Excuse my skepticism, but having had the pleasure of driving a number of 1.8 petrols, it's just very hard to comprehend. I also don't understand how you mention "rattling every last bit out of it". It either does it, or it doesn't, surely there should be no inbetween? Off topic, apologies.

8.5 seconds keeping the revs at 6000rpm and above with short shift double clutching about 10 quids worth of fuel in the car. all car 0-60 times are established using safe methods ie they wont push the revs too high the fuel tank is usually half full or more there are many sts that standard have more bhp than ford state and are quicker 0-60 than the figures state perhaps the cold air helped but above 3000rpm my focus seriously shifts ive left many a car embarassed, also all cars after oct 2001 were slower in top speed and 0-6,0 mine is estimated at 9.7 seconds yet the same car built after october 2001 is suddenly a second slower no idea why and the top speeds cut from 124mph to 113 or 117 i think it is as for equipment its stuff used for the race days proper equipment ill ask what it is and hope his boss isnt on here Posted Image

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users