• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jamesey

jamesey

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Ford Model: cmax

Posted 01 March 2010 - 07:21 AM

well here we go another electical misery , my last car was like this , ive started the car early this morning to go to work and the engine light has come on?
it still runs fine and is not in limp mode , as i said in my last post it like bangs when its about to fire up , where is the plug in for the diagnostic pc??its a ford c-max 2.0 tdci 136bhp model thanks

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 hillmangimp

hillmangimp

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus 2.0 TDCI
Posted 01 March 2010 - 06:26 PM

Which engine light is it? If its just when you start may be glow plugs, does the car run ok when on the move? I think the diagnostic port is on the underside of the steering column.

#3 jamesey

jamesey

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 08:45 AM

it stayed on the full 10 miles to work then i went to the shops and it was still on came back still on , but the 3rd time i started it to come home it had gone off , im still going to get it checked out , will it store the fault in the memory still.

#4 jamesey

jamesey

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 12:12 PM

ive had it checked out and its coming up with a p1335 fault (engine torque monitoring 2 valve above upper control limit) ive done a search on google and it seems it need a new egr valve with a stonger motor and a revised pcm calibration doing , this is why its clicking loud in a morning when i turn the engine off maybe the egr is trying to shut who knows??
ive had the light erased and it hasnt come back upto now , the car is under warrenty so it might get done no probs , the car has done 78000 miles.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users