Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear Wiper Arm

Fro

Hi,

Last week the rear wiper was broken off the fiesta (2001), leaving just the part under the nut. I have bought a replacement and undone the nut securing the left over wiper arm to the motor. However, the old part won't come off; i've tried plyers, etc, but nothing will make it move. Am i missing something? I thought when the securing nut was removed that it would just slip off? It does not appear to be rusted in any way?

Any thoughts?

Andy

Normally you would use the leverage of the arm to dislodge it but seems its snapped you are going to have to get a flat bladed screwdriver and gently 'persuade' it to come off.

because they fit on a splined shaft it can be difficult to remove, tools can be obtained to help with your situation like this.

http://www.thetoolden.co.uk/toolden.nsf/showproduct?OpenForm&Supplier=Sealey&Category=Vehicle%20Servicing&SubCat=Trim%20Tools&ProductCode=VS806&Item=Wiper%20Arm%20Removal%20Tool

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club