Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sound System Upgrade

AdamC11

Hi Guys,

Im thinking of installing 2 subs with amps into the boot of the car. With the ford standard stereo, are there outputs on the back of it to take the setup?

Also does it void the warrenty?

Cheers

Theirs no sub or outputs in the IU, besides even if their was the IU is limitsed in its output to stop too much bass passing into the Speakers for the car, so you are gonna get very very low signal input to the amps anways.

You need to fit a processor to flatten the sound and out put it properly.

i would deffo think about upgrading your head unit as i very much doubt your ford one will have the the pre outs needed for connecting to the amp and besides that on the up side an aftermarket head unit will be amplified as well so will slightly improve the sound quality for your door Speakers. one other thing to think about is you sound deadening as if your planning to put 2 subs in your boot (im guessing 12's the you wanna be sticking anything down that will vibrate cotton wool behind you number plate worked wonders for me and blue tac is another life saver when it comes to holding flimsy ford plastics in place.

look forward to seeing any pics when you get it done