Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Up in flames

dx408

Hi hope someone can help

I have/ had a 08 (pre facelift) ford focus 1.8 zetec climate parked it at about 830am went back to it about 10am got a friends bag out of the boot. At 12 noon I was called from work "I think your car is on fire" which it was the boot was on fire opened it and put the fire out major smoke damage and the right hand side of the boot had fire damage burnt and melted interior basicly confined to the right hand side (as you look into the boot)

Any one know of any problems like this on the focus?

Dealer NOT helpfull at all (surprise! ) insurance co say they do not cover vehicle defects which under the circumstances they think it is.

Any help would be appriciated

:angry:

Need to fins out if it is a defect from ford.

if it is not a registered defect then how can they insurance co say it is a defect? My mates car had an electrical fault and the car went up in flames, insurance co. paid up.

Way i see it you paid insurance to cover in the event of fire.

Insurance co are always slippery. Which insurance co. was it btw?

I would give them some hassle.. and also ford too! big time.

Hi hope someone can help

I have/ had a 08 (pre facelift) ford focus 1.8 zetec climate parked it at about 830am went back to it about 10am got a friends bag out of the boot. At 12 noon I was called from work "I think your car is on fire" which it was the boot was on fire opened it and put the fire out major smoke damage and the right hand side of the boot had fire damage burnt and melted interior basicly confined to the right hand side (as you look into the boot)

Any one know of any problems like this on the focus?

Dealer NOT helpfull at all (surprise! ) insurance co say they do not cover vehicle defects which under the circumstances they think it is.

Any help would be appriciated

:angry:

It's not a surprise that the insurance is trying to get out of paying up(it's what they do), if you are covered for fire (tpft) then you will possibly only be covered if the vehicle was stolen or attempted to be stolen and burned as a result (but check the terms and conditions on your policy)

If you have Fullycomp you will be covered.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club