• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 hurls

hurls

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus ghia 1.8 tddi estate

Posted 03 March 2010 - 08:58 AM

My 2001 focus ghia estate has a armrest on the drivers seat but it is locked in the upright position, i have pulled, pushed and still no good,i bought the car with this problem, so can anyone help.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Knight Focus

Knight Focus

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Ford Model: 2004 Focus LX 1.8

Posted 03 March 2010 - 10:33 AM

Is there not a button that releases it?

Mike

#3 hurls

hurls

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 10:47 AM

Is there not a button that releases it?

Mike

Thanks for the reply,there is no button that i can see or find, i think it has some form of ratchet on it and is locked up solid.

#4 Kellyg

Kellyg

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus Ghia TDCI
Posted 03 March 2010 - 11:15 AM

Thanks for the reply,there is no button that i can see or find, i think it has some form of ratchet on it and is locked up solid.

I have a focus ghia and i have the same problem with my armrest! I brought the car like it too. so if you find away of releasing it then please tell me and i can try mine!!

#5 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,896 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct
  • Year: 2006

Posted 03 March 2010 - 01:44 PM

I have a focus ghia and i have the same problem with my armrest! I brought the car like it too. so if you find away of releasing it then please tell me and i can try mine!!

either theres a small handle under the front or you push upwards then downon the top of the rest and it moves if not pass look for a handle or button on the rear it should be simple enough should being the right word or look for a locking lever on the ratchet part

#6 hurls

hurls

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 10:15 AM

either theres a small handle under the front or you push upwards then downon the top of the rest and it moves if not pass look for a handle or button on the rear it should be simple enough should being the right word or look for a locking lever on the ratchet part

Thanks for the help but as far as i can see there is no handle or button, trying to push the handle up or down has not worked, i have just been in touch with my local ford dealer and he say that it will need to be replaced at a cost of 275.72p, i don,t think so

#7 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,896 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct
  • Year: 2006

Posted 04 March 2010 - 11:21 AM

Thanks for the help but as far as i can see there is no handle or button, trying to push the handle up or down has not worked, i have just been in touch with my local ford dealer and he say that it will need to be replaced at a cost of 275.72p, i don,t think so

you can by a new one from ebay for 80quid and its a direct fit

#8 stejan1965

stejan1965

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Ford Model: 1.6 ghia
Posted 11 April 2010 - 01:06 PM

My 2001 focus ghia estate has a armrest on the drivers seat but it is locked in the upright position, i have pulled, pushed and still no good,i bought the car with this problem, so can anyone help.

Hello. I have exactly the same problem. Did you ever figure how to take the seat apart?

#9 NITRO

NITRO

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Ford Model: Combo WRC

Posted 07 December 2011 - 11:24 PM

Also use ASP Armrests . 50 USD only!

http://www.drive2.ru...579125872/#post

http://www.pitstop.z...es/ASP-armrest/

or NitroboX

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users