• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 BlueHuman

BlueHuman

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Ford Model: Mistral
Posted 03 March 2010 - 01:18 PM

Hi there, some advice if I may - firstly, my Mondeo Mistral 2004 1.8 petrol 60k failed the MOT on a rear wheel bearing which I'm told is the complete hub - is that correct as these are expensive? The garage is telling me Ford says the whole hub must be changed which includes the pressed in wheel bearing.

Secondly, the rear brakes are pressing in an unequal manner - it's not a fail but it is borderline - any suggestions? And lastly, my front discs are wearing down considerably - at 60k of mainly motorway driving would this be expected?

Thanks for all your help - Blue

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 CAR PARTS EXPRESS

CAR PARTS EXPRESS

Authorised Trader

• PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • Ford Model: mondeo

Posted 03 March 2010 - 01:38 PM

Hi yes rear weel bearings are a complete hub unit, rear brakes... try a set of discs and pads usually sorts that out, frt discs yes 60k is reasonable wear out of the discs.

#3 BlueHuman

BlueHuman

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Posted 03 March 2010 - 02:30 PM

Hi yes rear weel bearings are a complete hub unit, rear brakes... try a set of discs and pads usually sorts that out, frt discs yes 60k is reasonable wear out of the discs.

Thanks for your quick response - happy with all that and just a further question on the rear unequal braking. The rear pads were changed 3-months ago, stil go for rear discs?

Blue

#4 CAR PARTS EXPRESS

CAR PARTS EXPRESS

Authorised Trader

• PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • Ford Model: mondeo

Posted 03 March 2010 - 02:34 PM

check to see if the discs have a 'lip' on them. It could also be the case of a sticky caliper or the pads catching in the holder BUT I would have thought this would have been picked up as binding during the mot or it may have been binding and since rectified itself(salt and grit on winter roads can do this)

#5 BlueHuman

BlueHuman

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Posted 03 March 2010 - 09:20 PM

Will do - thanks again.

Blue

#6 chris bowman

chris bowman

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • Ford Model: ford mondeo 2.0lx tdci 115

Posted 04 March 2010 - 02:44 PM

Will do - thanks again.

Blue

as ure rear pads are recent do not be tempted to refit them with ure new discs! whatever fault ie blemish there was on the old disc could be transferred to the new by refitting these pads!

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users