Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Kuga Rear Door Leak

ANDYMAR

I bought a Ford Kuga in January 2009. From the onset, when it rained, as soon as the rear doors were opened there was a pool of water on both back seats.

Ford have told me that it is a "characteristic of the car" and that they all leak in this way. They have made a few minor adjustments with little change. I am now at a loss as to know what to do.

I would be interested to know if anyone else has had the same problem. Would I have spent 20K on a brand new car knowing it leaked?!

its a design fault for water to come through the rear split tailgate, but i've never known one to leak through the rear doors.keep on at fords to fix it.

its a design fault for water to come through the rear split tailgate, but i've never known one to leak through the rear doors.keep on at fords to fix it.

Thanks for the reply - tough to sort out though when they stand by the fact that there's nothing more they can do.They are at a loss and local dealership are unable to get a field engineer out. Amazed there has been no recalls and Ford still continue to sell knowing this fault is present. Done the phone calls, letters, been down there in person, blah, blah. May have no option but to seek legal advice or write to external agencies that would be 'blown-away' but the utter incompetence and ridiculous scenario that is ever present!!!!

if they say there's nothing they can do could you go down the 'not fit for purpose' route under the selling regs?

Right to fords themselves or ask your dealer for the phone number for fords and kick up a stink. fords are quiet helpful as your main dealer just arent interested.

ive not heard of any recalls or TSB's on this problem but i will check monday and let you know. I know ive not had this problem on a kuga before. did have a c-max the other day where the rear spoiler wasn't sealing correctly and was leaking into the boot.

if they say there's nothing they can do could you go down the 'not fit for purpose' route under the selling regs?

Yep,think I may have to do that. Feel bit overwhelmed though,( it being Ford) - very 'David and Goliath!!' Have a major feeling that they just won't care and continue to brush me aside - will try though...no choice but to.

Right to fords themselves or ask your dealer for the phone number for fords and kick up a stink. fords are quiet helpful as your main dealer just arent interested.

ive not heard of any recalls or TSB's on this problem but i will check monday and let you know. I know ive not had this problem on a kuga before. did have a c-max the other day where the rear spoiler wasn't sealing correctly and was leaking into the boot.

Have written to Brentwood etc - no joy. FMC push back onto dealership where car was purchased and in turn they do the same. Honestly been on this for months, loads of letters, phone calls etc. Strange how I can't see to track others with similar prob though???? Thanks for checking into.

not a problem have you tried looking on ford etis for further info?

Ill check on tuesday as forgot im not back to work till then.

i do feel that ford customer service sucks and that once you buy a ford your on your own.

its not the technicians fault its the restrictions applied by fords to there warranty.

not a problem have you tried looking on ford etis for further info?

Ill check on tuesday as forgot im not back to work till then.

i do feel that ford customer service sucks and that once you buy a ford your on your own.

its not the technicians fault its the restrictions applied by fords to there warranty.

you cannot sell a car that leaks through the rear door soaking the seats then say its a design characteristic under the sale of goods act the car is not fit for the purpose and you have the right to return the car to the dealer and get a replacement or refund take it back and in the showroom kick up a stink about it and pray there are people therte looking around

There is a known ford concern for rear doors on kugas leaking so your local ford garage should know about it.

it came out last week so it may be worth while looking on etis to find out or booking it back into fords.

I agree with artscot79 but thats exactly what fords have done with the focus cc the hard top leaks all the time and the cc's are always in the workshop. fords know about that and yet do nothing.

• 2 weeks later...

There is a known ford concern for rear doors on kugas leaking so your local ford garage should know about it.

it came out last week so it may be worth while looking on etis to find out or booking it back into fords.

I agree with artscot79 but thats exactly what fords have done with the focus cc the hard top leaks all the time and the cc's are always in the workshop. fords know about that and yet do nothing.

Hi, thanks for this info. I did have a look on the etis website, but I couldn't work out how to use it and I couldn't see any information on faults on the pages I looked on. Is this known concern that came out last week included on any press releases, official statements, or even mentioned on any websites? It would be very useful to have a written piece of evidence to show the dealership.

Thanks,

• 10 years later...
On 3/4/2010 at 4:42 PM, mintalkin said:

Can you tell me more about the split tailgate leak? Mine seems to leak when it’s been frosty / snowy?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club