• Management
  • 5,157 posts
  • Name: Stef
  • Ford Model: Mondeo ST TDCI
  • Year: 2006
Contributor

Posted 06 March 2010 - 12:46 PM

fingers crossed, even the weather forecast is sunny lol

haha indeed, dont remind me as ive got the oil to change since we have the weather for it. ahwell

good luck with the towbar but im sure you will be fine :)

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 stef123

stef123

Ford Enthusiast

• Management
  • 5,157 posts
Contributor

Posted 06 March 2010 - 02:40 PM

well im not one to make you feel guilty but thats my engine oil changed :P good job too as i had just finished and it started raining.

#18 sjgillett

sjgillett

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Name: Simon
  • Ford Model: Focus Mondeo TDCi
  • Year: 2004

Posted 06 March 2010 - 06:09 PM

well im not one to make you feel guilty but thats my engine oil changed :P good job too as i had just finished and it started raining.

Good work mate. Just had my serviced last month and had the cam belt done as well so good for now.

Just checked the wiring on the car by removing the light lenses and all the wires match the info I have so happy days.

Can you offer any advice as the best place to position the buzzer?

Cheers

Simon

#19 stef123

stef123

Ford Enthusiast

• Management
  • 5,157 posts
Contributor

Posted 06 March 2010 - 06:22 PM

Good work mate. Just had my serviced last month and had the cam belt done as well so good for now.

Just checked the wiring on the car by removing the light lenses and all the wires match the info I have so happy days.

Can you offer any advice as the best place to position the buzzer?

Cheers

Simon

definetly happy days! :)

errm, well i glued my relay contraption to the metal behind the carpet just below the wiring loom. i should have a pic on my phone that i could upload. so for the buzzer, i presume its the cylinder shape one you are using? i would just cable tie it to the wiring loom.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC00022.JPG

#20 sjgillett

sjgillett

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 06:50 PM

definetly happy days! :)

errm, well i glued my relay contraption to the metal behind the carpet just below the wiring loom. i should have a pic on my phone that i could upload. so for the buzzer, i presume its the cylinder shape one you are using? i would just cable tie it to the wiring loom.

Thanks for the picture as this has answered one last question I had regarding where to cut into the loom. I couldn't decide which side of the blue and grey loom connectors to tap into but think the way you have done it looks neat so I will go with that approach as well. :)

I don't have a relay to fit so no worries there and the buzzer is a small square unit - see pic. The only ground point I can find is next to the lock latch on the inside of the rear panel. Did you run a ground wire from your 12N socket & buzzer to that point or drill and screw a new one?

Posted Image

#21 stef123

stef123

Ford Enthusiast

• Management
  • 5,157 posts
Contributor

Posted 06 March 2010 - 07:00 PM

Thanks for the picture as this has answered one last question I had regarding where to cut into the loom. I couldn't decide which side of the blue and grey loom connectors to tap into but think the way you have done it looks neat so I will go with that approach as well. :)

I don't have a relay to fit so no worries there and the buzzer is a small square unit - see pic. The only ground point I can find is next to the lock latch on the inside of the rear panel. Did you run a ground wire from your 12N socket & buzzer to that point or drill and screw a new one?

Posted Image

thats a funky looking buzzer, never seen one like that before. I used the earth point near the latch as drilling a new hole and all that was too much like hassle. I think the green wire you can see coming out of the foam around the loom on the left hand side of the pic is my earth from the point near the latch ( just not been connected to the relay at the time of pic)
I would run an earth from the latch to the buzzer, then when you connect up your socket to the loom/buzzer and then connect the sockets earth to your earth that the buzzer is connected to - hope that makes sense. it will mean you only need to run one earth cable.

#22 sjgillett

sjgillett

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 07:05 PM

thats a funky looking buzzer, never seen one like that before. I used the earth point near the latch as drilling a new hole and all that was too much like hassle. I think the green wire you can see coming out of the foam around the loom on the left hand side of the pic is my earth from the point near the latch ( just not been connected to the relay at the time of pic)
I would run an earth from the latch to the buzzer, then when you connect up your socket to the loom/buzzer and then connect the sockets earth to your earth that the buzzer is connected to - hope that makes sense. it will mean you only need to run one earth cable.

Makes perfect sense and thanks for all your help and advice it is very much appreciated. One last question (sorry) - how did you run the 12N cable into the boot space? Can you push it through the same hole as the cables runing to the reverse and fog lamps in the bumper or will I need to drill a 13mm hole through the boot floor? :unsure:

#23 stef123

stef123

Ford Enthusiast

• Management
  • 5,157 posts
Contributor

Posted 06 March 2010 - 07:16 PM

Makes perfect sense and thanks for all your help and advice it is very much appreciated. One last question (sorry) - how did you run the 12N cable into the boot space? Can you push it through the same hole as the cables runing to the reverse and fog lamps in the bumper or will I need to drill a 13mm hole through the boot floor? :unsure:

not a problem :)

yeah i just made the hole a bit bigger in the reverse light grommit( its a pretty big grommit!) and put it through there.
make sure you have plenty of cable ties as you will need them to keep everthing neat.

#24 sjgillett

sjgillett

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 07:33 PM

not a problem :)

yeah i just made the hole a bit bigger in the reverse light grommit( its a pretty big grommit!) and put it through there.
make sure you have plenty of cable ties as you will need them to keep everthing neat.

Excellent - thanks once again and yep have a whole pack of cable ties on standby.

I shall report back tomorrow - hopefully with good news.

Cheers

Simon

#25 stef123

stef123

Ford Enthusiast

• Management
  • 5,157 posts
Contributor

Posted 06 March 2010 - 09:49 PM

Excellent - thanks once again and yep have a whole pack of cable ties on standby.

I shall report back tomorrow - hopefully with good news.

Cheers

Simon

one last thing, dont forget to buy some beer for after :lol: B)

#26 sjgillett

sjgillett

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 07:43 AM

one last thing, dont forget to buy some beer for after :lol: B)

lol have just stuck a couple in the fridge.

#27 sjgillett

sjgillett

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 11:45 AM

Physical towbar fitted to the car and cable run into the boot.

Now for the electrics...........................

#28 sjgillett

sjgillett

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 01:53 PM

Job done.

Thanks stef123 for all your advice all went to plan - next is to give her a good wash and then off to the fridge B)

Posted Image

Posted Image

#29 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,281 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct

Posted 07 March 2010 - 02:21 PM

Job done.

Thanks stef123 for all your advice all went to plan - next is to give her a good wash and then off to the fridge Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

refreshing when a job goes easily to plan

#30 stef123

stef123

Ford Enthusiast

• Management
  • 5,157 posts
Contributor

Posted 07 March 2010 - 02:29 PM

excellent news, good job mate :)

was it easier than you thought?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users