AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Louis P

Vss - Vehicle Speed Sensor

5 posts in this topic

Pls help. I have a vss I need to replace but cannot find it for the life of me. Where will I find it? I have a Ford Focus 1.8LX 1999 5 door. You help is appreciated.

Thank you

Louisp

According to my Haynes manual it is located next to the right hand drive shaft at the rear of the transmission.

They say that to change it you need to remove the left hand front wheel and wheel liner.

According to my Haynes manual it is located next to the right hand drive shaft at the rear of the transmission.

They say that to change it you need to remove the left hand front wheel and wheel liner.

Thanks rog99.

I'll check it out tomorrow. Appreciate your response. I think I might have to invest in one of these manuals :)

Wouln't be without one! - You might find a reasanbly cheap one on eBay..

It is deffo on the back of the gearbox and can be seen from the engine compartment, look over the engine to the right of the manifold and follow the wires down to the sender. There is a pin/clip which needs to be pulled out towards the drivers side be very careful the pins break off for fun. Mine did and it had to go to the garage who welded a piece on what was left and managed to wriggle it out, replacement is very straightforward.

Good luck Neil