Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Remote Central Locking Playing Up

Louis P

Hi

Having real truoble with my central locking - need help.

Ford Focus 1.8 LX 1999 5 door.

So this is how I lock my car. If front passenger door is unlocked, first open the drivers door (right hand drive), lock the front passenger door from the inside and any other door. Then I can use the remote central locking on my key. Sometimes the left rear passenger door doesn't lock or unlock manually from the inside. It never seems to do anything remotely. Sometimes the right rear passenger door works and sometimes not. Front passenger does not work off the remote but if locked from inside with all doors shut it locks them all, sometimes the rear left passenger door works this way.

Would is be possible the left rear passenger motor is dead and causing a weird problem? Or would it just be best to replace the whole cental locking? Or even both?

I know it's not fuse 63, I have changed this and checked it's not blown again. Boot button works fine.

Thanks in advanced.

Louisp

Hi, I had similar problem with my focus. When I opened door by key from driver's side the all three doors didnt open. But they opened themeselves after like 5-10 min later. Morover, i couldnt close the passenger's door from inside. And when i wanted to lock the car i had to do that from passenger side because from driver's side after turning the key all doors closed and back opened immidiately.

So in a garage I was told that it can be only caused either by driver's side locking mechanism or passeneger's side. First the passenger locking was replaced and it didn't help. And the driver's side was replaced and it worked. I do not remember exactly but they said that only the front locking mechanism control the rear ones. Front are masters and rear are slaves. I hope it helpd you a bit.

Hi, I had similar problem with my focus. When I opened door by key from driver's side the all three doors didnt open. But they opened themeselves after like 5-10 min later. Morover, i couldnt close the passenger's door from inside. And when i wanted to lock the car i had to do that from passenger side because from driver's side after turning the key all doors closed and back opened immidiately.

So in a garage I was told that it can be only caused either by driver's side locking mechanism or passeneger's side. First the passenger locking was replaced and it didn't help. And the driver's side was replaced and it worked. I do not remember exactly but they said that only the front locking mechanism control the rear ones. Front are masters and rear are slaves. I hope it helpd you a bit.

certainly sounds like a motors faultry not sure if it can be done with the focus but my old passat would throw up a fault code to tell you which door motor or lock was at fault

Thanks gregmarko and artscot79. I'll try both tomorrow. However my left rear passenger door is stuck on lock. Can't unlock it, even manually on the inside. At a complete loss with that one. Thanks once again.

Thanks gregmarko and artscot79. I'll try both tomorrow. However my left rear passenger door is stuck on lock. Can't unlock it, even manually on the inside. At a complete loss with that one. Thanks once again.

im not sure with that one but i hope you get it open or else its rip the door card off and damage it to get into teh mechanism hmmm sounds like it could be a broken or dodgy wire as theres a connector on the rear of that button that tells the lock motor to lock/unlock or thats youre faulty motor and its packed in

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club