Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Splitter Fitted, A Few Pictures Of Process!

Jack_P

Well after yesterdays failed attempt i went in for round 2 with the bumper. I'll give you a little go by in picture form if anyone is thinking of fitting one :D

Car Jacked up. Fig.1 a very silly screw not unscrewing felt the full force of the pliers to be pulled out ( it was a plastic screw, located either side of the bumper near the arches)

IMG00088-20100304-1652.jpg

Then it simply started pulling out

IMG00089-20100304-1652.jpg

IMG00094-20100304-1732.jpg

Out with the old....and in with the new :D

IMG00093-20100304-1705.jpg

I took a little bit of time measuring up and whatnot getting it near as centre as possible. The splitter itself as you can see has little tabs, but they do not line up with the slots on the ford part. Also the splitter is longer than the front of the car, so you need to take about 4 inches or so off of each end. Luckily there is a sill type thing all the way round and the new tabs simply wedge in to them :D I put a few selftappers in aswell just to make sure it wasnt coming out and that was that!

IMG00095-20100304-1758.jpg

IMG00096-20100304-1758.jpg

It was dark outside by now so to the local underground for some decent light :D

DSC004.jpg

DSC00006.jpg

DSC005.jpg

DSC009.jpg

Easy job to do and gives the front end a bit of a "sportier look". Overall i am very pleased and was totally worth it!

Thanks for reading, Jack

yea looks good mate, well done

Looks really good that.

I imagine this would look really good on a lowered version also.

fiesta_zetec-x

Not currently looking at anything major as i was going to upgrade this year to an ST but funds have had to be kept for something else now :( but i still enjoy my car anyway so will keep it for now ( i just want the extra power ;) )

Was possibly thinking the wheels to be black but think it could be ott, im good for how it is right now though :D

also Cheers all for the replies :D

Looks really good that.

I imagine this would look really good on a lowered version also.

one picture it looks like a range rover i think but tbh it doesnt look like its on stilts so will most likely stay on standard suspension

What sort of drop do you have on yours if any?

one picture it looks like a range rover i think but tbh it doesnt look like its on stilts so will most likely stay on standard suspension

What sort of drop do you have on yours if any?

I dont have any drop, YET :lol:

Mine is just a fiesta style, fitted some 16" wheels and the St spoiler.

That looks dead good, those pictures also make the new green badge look alot better. Nice work!

Cheers all for the comments! Iv'e actually removed the overlays when i washed it today as i just glanced at it at work and decided they wernt working on the car. So back to normal we go!

A cheeky chouple of pics from today :P

DSC01.jpg

DSC011.jpg

DSC016.jpg

I think you should try the black and green on the badges swapped over ;)

Here is an example of how subtle the colour change can be ... Tango red car, red badges.

BILD0675.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club