4 replies to this topic

#1 Catweasel

Catweasel

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Ford Model: MK4 Fiesta LX

Posted 04 March 2010 - 10:26 PM

Hi,
Just purchased an interior light from out of an ® reg puma, for my Fiesta MK4 as a upgrade as it has the map reading lights with it. The only thing is it also has this black glass at the front. Can any one tell me what this is for? And is it posible to wire it up in my Fez.
Thanks in advance.
:rolleyes:

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,889 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct
  • Year: 2006

Posted 07 March 2010 - 07:43 PM

Hi,
Just purchased an interior light from out of an reg puma, for my Fiesta MK4 as a upgrade as it has the map reading lights with it. The only thing is it also has this black glass at the front. Can any one tell me what this is for? And is it posible to wire it up in my Fez.
Thanks in advance.
Posted Image

no answers so ill say it i havent got a clue mate honestly i cant recall ever seeing one with the black glass on it whats under the glass?

#3 Catweasel

Catweasel

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Ford Model: MK4 Fiesta LX

Posted 11 March 2010 - 09:00 PM

no answers so ill say it i havent got a clue mate honestly i cant recall ever seeing one with the black glass on it whats under the glass?

Hi artscot79,

Thanks for at least replying. I have looked behind the glass and it appears to be some sort of Circuitry, with three wires coming of it. The glass is very dark red almost black. Here is a picture.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Attached Thumbnails

• a.jpg

#4 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,889 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct
  • Year: 2006

Posted 12 March 2010 - 10:18 PM

Hi artscot79,

Thanks for at least replying. I have looked behind the glass and it appears to be some sort of Circuitry, with three wires coming of it. The glass is very dark red almost black. Here is a picture.

Thanks in advance for any help.

very unusual 3 wires you say i wonder if its some sort of sensor a light sensor perhaps i can telly you ive never seen one like that before mate so im guessing as to what it could be

#5 fiesta_lad

fiesta_lad

Area Rep: Northwest

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,190 posts
  • Ford Model: fiesta mk5
Posted 12 March 2010 - 10:38 PM

very unusual 3 wires you say i wonder if its some sort of sensor a light sensor perhaps i can telly you ive never seen one like that before mate so im guessing as to what it could be

Might be the sensor for the remote locking just a guess. :)

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users