Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Discounted Car Insurance: Owners Club insurance could save you money on your car insurance. Get a quote

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Catweasel

Interior Light

5 posts in this topic

Hi,

Just purchased an interior light from out of an ® reg puma, for my Fiesta MK4 as a upgrade as it has the map reading lights with it. The only thing is it also has this black glass at the front. Can any one tell me what this is for? And is it posible to wire it up in my Fez.

Thanks in advance. :rolleyes:

Hi,

Just purchased an interior light from out of an ® reg puma, for my Fiesta MK4 as a upgrade as it has the map reading lights with it. The only thing is it also has this black glass at the front. Can any one tell me what this is for? And is it posible to wire it up in my Fez.

Thanks in advance. rolleyes.gif

no answers so ill say it i havent got a clue mate honestly i cant recall ever seeing one with the black glass on it whats under the glass?

no answers so ill say it i havent got a clue mate honestly i cant recall ever seeing one with the black glass on it whats under the glass?

Hi artscot79,

Thanks for at least replying. I have looked behind the glass and it appears to be some sort of Circuitry, with three wires coming of it. The glass is very dark red almost black. Here is a picture.

Thanks in advance for any help.

post-12684-126834142594_thumb.jpg

Hi artscot79,

Thanks for at least replying. I have looked behind the glass and it appears to be some sort of Circuitry, with three wires coming of it. The glass is very dark red almost black. Here is a picture.

Thanks in advance for any help.

very unusual 3 wires you say i wonder if its some sort of sensor a light sensor perhaps i can telly you ive never seen one like that before mate so im guessing as to what it could be

very unusual 3 wires you say i wonder if its some sort of sensor a light sensor perhaps i can telly you ive never seen one like that before mate so im guessing as to what it could be

Might be the sensor for the remote locking just a guess. :)