Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

phoebe

Locking Wheel Nut Key Replacement

4 posts in this topic

Hi, I bought a 2007 Fiesta Zetec recently and want to get the tyres replaced and have discovered there is no wheel nut key remover anywhere in the car. Have called my local Ford dealership who advised I would have to pay to get them taken off and pay for a whole new replacement set.

Is this really the case? Is there no way to get a replacement key?

Any advice, much appreciated!

Unless you have the little piece of paper with the finis code on to order a new key Its a new set jobby :angry:

Just had mine done, £55 it put me back, which I thought was exceptional value considering a set of locking nuts from H***ords would cost £40.

No damage to the wheels when removing the old ones either!!

Mike

Just had mine done, £55 it put me back, which I thought was exceptional value considering a set of locking nuts from H***ords would cost £40.

No damage to the wheels when removing the old ones either!!

Mike

waste of money with a standard socket i can remove them in 10 seconds and have had to regularly at my work you simply put a socket slightly smaller than the lock nut over it tap it on with a hammer and walah with a turn of the wrench its off my mate had 1000 quid alloys with 80 quid lock nuts on he parked it in halfords one day came out and the wheels were all gone with a cop station right across the road