Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What connection does a Fiesta Zetec Blue have?

CharlieGirl

Hi guys, my first post! Hopefully I'm in the correct forum.

I take delivery of my new Fiesta Zetec Blue (black) on Saturday however there is one thing puzzling me. I understand that there is an MP3 connector on the dash or thereabouts, I was wondering what sort of MP3 player fits in there?

Does the connection accept standard USB like you get on a memory stick (like this) or is the connector smaller like you have on a phone (to the left of the picture)

I have a cheapy USB MP3 player and a Sony NW-HD5.

Thanks in advance! :)

Hi guys, my first post! Hopefully I'm in the correct forum.

I take delivery of my new Fiesta Zetec Blue (black) on Saturday however there is one thing puzzling me. I understand that there is an MP3 connector on the dash or thereabouts, I was wondering what sort of MP3 player fits in there?

Does the connection accept standard USB like you get on a memory stick (like this) or is the connector smaller like you have on a phone (to the left of the picture)

I have a cheapy USB MP3 player and a Sony NW-HD5.

Thanks in advance! :)

from what i remember it could be like your first picture .... a usb connection. ( I say remember cause i don't have one on my 04 plate zetec but i did look at a nice shiny new fiesta, that had one ) On looking at http://www.who-sells-it.com/cy/ford-motor-...3-fullsize.html it looks like it could be memory cards as well though so i couldn't guarantee.

If you also look here> http://www2.fordconnection.com/fordconnect...0kyyraudspc.htm

it looks like you can connect a 3.5mm jack from the earphone socket into a 3.5mm jack next to the gearstick so you may have several ways to connect it. You may need to buy a lead with 2 x 3.5 mm stereo jacks on it which will cost anything from about £5 upwards depending where you buy it from...ie maplins..

I wouldn't hold out too much hope of the 'mod' replying as from looking at some of the posts they don't come in that often!

Cheers Russ for the info! I actually have the product brochure in the first link you gave me and have noticed the MP3 connection. As for the 2nd link i have seen a similar picture somewhere else and have noted that the MP3 player in question rather looks like a Sony NWZA818W or smilar.

Looking at the image in the 2nd link you gave and comparing it to the link I've given to amazon, I'd conclude that the cable from the player connected to the car looks like a 3.5mm stereo cable. Well its near the weekend, so I'm sure I'll find out one way or another!

Thanks once again for you reply!

For anybody out there wondering the same as me, the connector is a standard 3.5mm connection (same as you have on the end of your earphones). Just buy a small 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable and connect your portable device to your stereo jack and hit AUX et voila!

Picked up my car on Sat, and I'm soooo happy, it looks the dogs dangles, I am so pleased!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club