Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Noisy Mondeo 2.0 Tdci

GrahamH

Have noticed that its getting noisier at idle. Definitely clattery. Usually it gets noisier towards service but after changing oil and filters its quieter but not this time. still starts and drives great and am getting 49mpg average. At service I cleaned huge amounts of crap out of the EGR and no more smoke behind me when I accelerate but its noisy? Any idea why? Did I miss something?

TIA

:) :)

Have noticed that its getting noisier at idle. Definitely clattery. Usually it gets noisier towards service but after changing oil and filters its quieter but not this time. still starts and drives great and am getting 49mpg average. At service I cleaned huge amounts of crap out of the EGR and no more smoke behind me when I accelerate but its noisy? Any idea why? Did I miss something?

TIA

Hi how old is your car and what milage as it done. cheers carl

my duratorque is slightly noisier than others i believe because it has a timming chain rather than timming belt. being my first diesal i keep the windows up most of the time for reasons of my sanity!

does it clatter all the time or get quieter when warm, i had the same problem and it turned out to be the injectors that were not putting out any low load fuel delivery,it could be chain clatter but without inspection its hard to say.

:) :)

Hi how old is your car and what milage as it done. cheers carl

65000 on a 56 plate(3yrs) does it warm or cold but only at low revs

just checked the oil and is slightly overfull - would that do it?

does it clatter all the time or get quieter when warm, i had the same problem and it turned out to be the injectors that were not putting out any low load fuel delivery,it could be chain clatter but without inspection its hard to say.

practically dissappears when warm

practically dissappears when warm

??????????

sorry but same warm as cold

??????????

sorry but same warm as cold

??

Mine was noisy - turned out to be bush on tension cam gone - especially noticeable when AC turned on

if the tensioner has gone the should dissapear on any revs above tickover.

Check out your crankshaft pulley, you will probably find the bushes/rubber inside is worn causing your noise problem

if the tensioner has gone the should dissapear on any revs above tickover.

yep - OP said it was at idle..