Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Petrol Mpg

Bulletguy

Hi

I have a Focus saloon 02 reg 1.8ltr petrol engine. Only had it a few weeks so still getting used to things. Just done an average mpg taken from short runs (to and from work) and it's returned 33mpg. Is this about the norm for this engine?

Hi

I have a Focus saloon 02 reg 1.8ltr petrol engine. Only had it a few weeks so still getting used to things. Just done an average mpg taken from short runs (to and from work) and it's returned 33mpg. Is this about the norm for this engine?

Without defining in more detail "short runs" I would have to say it sounds about right to me. Given that Urban is stated to be 27.7 mpg Specs

welcome by the way

Yes in urban driving that sounds pretty good for that car.

Yes in urban driving that sounds pretty good for that car.

Sorry LSAR, I haven't welcomed you to the board, consider it done.

My MK2 1.6 petrol having covered 1,269 miles since I got it. Admittedly mostly short journey town driving, but with some A road, and dual carriage way driving thrown in, is only returning 30.96 mph on "brimmed" data. Might get a bit more to the gallon if I stop "brimming" it :rolleyes: But when the time comes, I'm thinking I wonder if.......

Not that I checked the consumption of my MK1 T reg 1.8 Zetec, that I ran for near on 4 years before it got wrote off back in Dec 08. But with the driving we were doing it seemed to be never away from the pumps, I bet we were only getting 25mpg. So yes the thread starter is indeed doing well I reckon.

Sorry LSAR, I haven't welcomed you to the board, consider it done.

My MK2 1.6 petrol having covered 1,269 miles since I got it. Admittedly mostly short journey town driving, but with some A road, and dual carriage way driving thrown in, is only returning 30.96 mph on "brimmed" data. Might get a bit more to the gallon if I stop "brimming" it rolleyes.gif But when the time comes, I'm thinking I wonder if.......

Not that I checked the consumption of my MK1 T reg 1.8 Zetec, that I ran for near on 4 years before it got wrote off back in Dec 08. But with the driving we were doing it seemed to be never away from the pumps, I bet we were only getting 25mpg. So yes the thread starter is indeed doing well I reckon.

ive got te 1.8 zetec petrol and what youre getting is actually quite good anywhere from 27-31 is normal over that is carefull driving on a long run you get far better im doing a mixture of both and seeing 37-40mpg depending

ive got te 1.8 zetec petrol and what youre getting is actually quite good anywhere from 27-31 is normal over that is carefull driving on a long run you get far better im doing a mixture of both and seeing 37-40mpg depending

Yes mine is the 1.8 Zetec engine but has 123k on the clock. The 'short runs' I quoted involve to and from work which is 10 miles each way and i've purposely kept the revs low (under 3000) and making 'economical use' of gear changes.

Not yet done a long run with it as it needs attention to timing and one or two other things i'm not quite comfortable with yet.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club