Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wynns Clean Burn Pre Mot Petrol

fiesta_lad

Hi i drive a fiesta mk5 1.3i endure e engine 51 plate petrol what it is my mot is due soon well in about 2 months time so iam just wondering has any body ever used wynns clean burn pre mot petrol or anything slimar is any good and does it work or will i just be wasteing time and money cheers alan.

yeah its similar to redex additive it might make a bit of a difference especially if you do lots of short journeys which gunks up the fuel injectors and this can help to clean them out. you can also try the italian job on your car, google it.

Might give it ago iam doing alot of short trips latey like i can't see the harm cheers.

Might give it ago iam doing alot of short trips latey like i can't see the harm cheers.

The trade use a much better product brand : "FORTE", who make fuel additives for diesel, petrol, and another version for the early zetec engines which have sticky valve problems. They also do an engine flush additive. I have been using the diesel additive for 8 years, followed by 17 months of petrol additive with my Mk 6.5 Ford Fiesta 1.25. The cost is £8.50p + VaT, for enough to treat 100 litres of fuel. Even Mercedes workshops have been using it. My supply comes from our local Ford dealer's stores dept.

Sounds good to me lately ive been using lucas tune up in a bottle about £6 bottle good stuff.

Is this something that should be done regularly? Is there a way of knowing if it needs done?

I don't think its something that needs to be done all the time thats my opinion i just do it now and again like near mot dates or when going on long motorway drives.

Is this something that should be done regularly? Is there a way of knowing if it needs done?

try some of your cleaning products in the tank gaz, squeaky clean...

:lol: ive nearly lost a pen once in my petrol tank :lol: scarey moment was adding some petrol addative but the funnel was to short so i had to use a pen to poke the metal cap so that i could pour in the addative nearly lost the pen in the tank thank god it never went in.

:lol: ive nearly lost a pen once in my petrol tank :lol: scarey moment was adding some petrol addative but the funnel was to short so i had to use a pen to poke the metal cap so that i could pour in the addative nearly lost the pen in the tank thank god it never went in.

LOL!

good job it wasnt a diesel car and a red pen :lol:

that would be an interesting one to tell the wife :lol:

:lol::lol: Petrol car i think after that i got myself a longer funnel. just think if it did fall in :huh:

:lol::lol: Petrol car i think after that i got myself a longer funnel. just think if it did fall in :huh:

whats that knocking from the rear end?

thats your favourite parker pen love!

that would have been a disaster, but i wonder if it would actually do any damage...

whats that knocking from the rear end?

thats your favourite parker pen love!

that would have been a disaster, but i wonder if it would actually do any damage...

Just thinking that meself would it cause damage you would wake up in the morning and your car will be leaking ink all over the road :lol::lol:

id imagine a pen would be a bit too big to get sucked up into the rest of the system anyway

Haven't used this product on any car, but would thoroughly recommend an Italian Tune Up just before the MOT.

Once every couple of months as well.

Stewart.

Italian Tune is that when you drive through the gears in high revs for a long period of time but you have got to make sure that your engine is warm first before you do it i have heared of this before and i do know people that have done it so just wondering will this do any harm or wear to your engine.

Italian Tune is that when you drive through the gears in high revs for a long period of time but you have got to make sure that your engine is warm first before you do it i have heared of this before and i do know people that have done it so just wondering will this do any harm or wear to your engine.

2 or 3 minutes at 4000 RPM should normally be good enough.

Note that it must be done when driving, not sitting there in neutral.

Should not do any harm to an otherwise healthy engine.

Stewart.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club