Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus 03 1.8 Petrol Cutting Out

deanemarine

my focus keeps cutting out when i stop not all the time only some times also if put both heated windows on and heater the car nearly cuts out any ideas ???

my focus keeps cutting out when i stop not all the time only some times also if put both heated windows on and heater the car nearly cuts out any ideas ???

faulty idle control valve or faulty voltage regulator faulty battery or alternator use the dash trick to find out what the revs are at idle and what the battery voltage is with it still on battery voltage turn on the rear heated screen and see what happens and how low it drops then rev the car a bit and see if it increases failing that the vehicle speed sensor on the gearbox have you noticed the speedo acting funny? if not then ide rule that out

faulty idle control valve or faulty voltage regulator faulty battery or alternator use the dash trick to find out what the revs are at idle and what the battery voltage is with it still on battery voltage turn on the rear heated screen and see what happens and how low it drops then rev the car a bit and see if it increases failing that the vehicle speed sensor on the gearbox have you noticed the speedo acting funny? if not then ide rule that out

the speedo is ok could it be the vehicle speed sensor

the speedo is ok could it be the vehicle speed sensor

it coud be any of the above to be honest first check the battery with the car off and then with the car running if you have a multimeter with it running take a reading you should be seeing 12.5-15 volts then switch on the heater and check again the voltage shouldnt drop below 12.5volts have you done the dash trick to see if there arew any codes in the cluster like a low battery code? has the battery light been coming on does it come on when the car nearly stalls

it wont be the vehicle speed sensor as that just measures the vehicle speed and would just cause the speedo on cluster not to work.

go along the lines of battery and idle speed control valve

it wont be the vehicle speed sensor as that just measures the vehicle speed and would just cause the speedo on cluster not to work.

go along the lines of battery and idle speed control valve

on the focus the vss when faulty has been known to cause stalling and power loss issues but its often over looked as a cause but the speedo hasnt been acting up so rule that one out faulty dash clusters have also been known to cause the car to stall

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club