Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Mk7 Steel Wheels

audicab26

Hi,

We have a new Fiesta on order. It's a 1.6TDCi Titanium with the 16" 7-spoke alloy wheels. Although the car is for my wife I am really looking forward to it's arrival. Went for Frozen White with Black Leather.

Because we live out in the sticks I am considering buying a set of either 14" or 15" steel rims and fitting them with winter tyres. They can live in the shed through the summer - I'll fit them to the car in November and swap them back at the end of March. We went to the Czech Republic last year and hired a Fabia with winter tyres (it's the law there to have them fitted) and it went up and down snowy and icey mountains without any drama. The roads here do not get gritted or cleared unless the farmer does it.

Plus if the car skids into a kerb or pot hole - I know which I'd rather ruin!

My question is - do I need to buy rims specifically for the car (from the Fiesta Edge) of will any recent model 4 stud Ford steel rim do? I.E Previous generation Fiesta/Fusion or MK1 Focus.

Thanks in advance.

Hello

I also live out in the (Sticks)

I also have a titanium and i will not be buying a set of steel wheels for winter use as summer tyres are perfectly adequate for our winters.

We Very rarely get winters below -5 so it will be a waste of money.

And it will also be classed as a modification by an insurance company as that is now how the car was when it left the factory.

Adjust your driving to the conditions not your wheels.

My own opinnions.

Jamie

My fezzie is just a bogo style with 15" steelies and i have had to replace 2 due to sliding into the kerb in ice and one from a pothole, they were around 50 quid each from fordies. In a way i'm glad my 16" aftermarket alloys are in the garage due to wooly handling in the wet lol, but one of the new steelies has already got a ding from another pothole and at this rate i'll be getting more replacements. So in conclusion i wouldn't bother as they seem rather weak anyway.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club