Do Not Sell My Personal Information

It's Stoppd Working :(

robbieguy2003

Well, first time it has let me down since owning it.

Basically, been away with work in the US for the last couple of weeks.

Got back to the UK and had a deal with my sister and her other half, they'd pick me up from the airport if I took them later that day (they're off on holiday).

Sounded like a great plan so agreed, only when it got to my turn, jumped in the MK7, switched the key, everything started (lights, aircon, windows worked etc) but not a sausage out of the engine.

Anyway, the trusty Freelander got us there, so they got away ok.

The battery on the car seems ok so this is quite odd (as everything else starts). When turning the key I hear something that vaguely sounds like a fuel pump priming but bugger all else.

Due to jet lag and a busy day yesterday I haven't bothered sorting it yet. Going to have a go this morning with jump leads to the Freelander incase the battery is just low.

Other than that it'll be a call to the dealership and a warranty job to fix whatever it is...

Sounds like debris in the spark plug to me.. Give it a clean out :D

hope this helps!

Well, hooked it upto the Freelander and it still didn't start.

Gonna phone Ford shortly and give them the options;

1) Pick it up and fix it

2) I'll get the AA to deliver a shiny MK7 uncrashed to your dealership :P

I'm assuming they'll want to pick it up.

Hopefully get it fixed soon, not really enjoying the Freelander again tbh, far too wobbly.

If its dead but full battery , lights etc , its going to a immobiliser issue

Starter motor or solonoid packed up?

Thinking that. No click from it so not like its a low battery, dont have a multimeter so cant test to see if any power goes down the cable.

Just phoned ford dealer but got sales, they're getting service to phone me back.

Kinda lucky that I work from home most of the time and my sister is away so can borrow her car.

Otherwise I'd be limited to the bike and it's still !Removed! cold!

If its dead but full battery , lights etc , its going to a immobiliser issue

Missed this, but yeah thought that maybe it also.

The AA have now been though, turns out the starter motor is knackered. We got it going by tow starting it (i.e. tow rope, sit behind, dump clutch).

Drove it to the Ford Dealership with the AA guy. They said they prob cant look at it until next week and dont have a courtesy car.

The AA are sorting one out however they only cover for 2 days, they're working to get Ford to take it over after the 2 days. Apparantly according to the AA guy they normally 'find' a courtesy car when the 2 days are close to being up.

So, long live the Fiesta, should hopefully have it back in a week or two (which sucks). Hopefully the hire car is something half decent.

Now got the car back and it's all working. The starter motor had decided to eat itself and died a small death.

Ironically had a 59 plate 1.4 Corsa for the days I didnt have it, handled ok but very glad I've got the Fiesta :)

Now got the car back and it's all working. The starter motor had decided to eat itself and died a small death.

Ironically had a 59 plate 1.4 Corsa for the days I didnt have it, handled ok but very glad I've got the Fiesta :)

I reckon I know what you're getting at, the Corsa's a good car - sturdy, well made, drives fine, nice interior... but it's still no Fiesta.

congratulation on your MK7's return :)

Cheers, happy to have it back :)

I reckon I know what you're getting at, the Corsa's a good car - sturdy, well made, drives fine, nice interior... but it's still no Fiesta.

Yeah exactly that, it was well made, solid, felt nice in corners. But, compared to a MK7 the interior didn't feel anywhere near as spacious, and it seemed a little dull and functional. The MK7 is a little wackier which is excellent.

But I've now drove 4 different cars in 7 days (Dodge Avenger, Freelander, Corsa and now the Fiesta) - I'm glad to have the Fez back :)

Glad it's all sorted mate... like you I've driven a right mix of motors this week, the Fez, Focus, Peugeot 306 Rallye, Renault Megane CC, Alfa Brera.. still variety the spice etc.. :)

Cheers

B.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club