Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ouch! The Next Batch Of Damaged New Cars...

Nightowl

Ouch gutted well at least they all had a smashing time sorry :ph34r:

Well......at least their as no blood in the interiors......at least I know they're safe. :unsure:

Well......at least their as no blood in the interiors......at least I know they're safe. :unsure:

they clean the blood off with the tears of the previous owners...

I would imagine the vast majority of the scrap metal above was as a result of all that snow & ice we had a little while ago.

Nightowl, i would presume your theory is exactly right, salvagers must be having a tea party every day with the icy weather!

Was thinking that with that bad weather we had the salvage yards will be jam packed i only went out a few times when we had all that snow and even then i was craping myself.

Nightowl, i would presume your theory is exactly right, salvagers must be having a tea party every day with the icy weather!

That night that it snowed heavily here in Portsmouth, Hampshire - it took me over 4 hours to drive home some 12 miles. I lost count of the number of cars I saw damaged & crashed - old & new. They littered the roadside all the way home - mile after mile. I guess by the time the insurance was settled several weeks later - the scrapyards were having a field day! This lot above would have been due to the large number of crashes/accidents during the 'big freeze' - most of them anyway. There are more on eBay of course - but I'd be here for an hour posting the links! And don't forget; these are just the new Fiesta's - not any other makes & models. Would be really interesting to know just how many cars were written-off by insurance companies during all that snow & ice. It must've been big bucks...

Salvage yards will be rolling in it! I wouldn't be surprised if they has lots of heavy 4x4's either with people who don't know how to drive them, thinking they can drive normal speeds in 5 inches of the white stuff.

Not just write offs either. Since "The Big Freeze" I've seen a lot more cars with dents on them, big and small, old and new. A lot of them local so I know the dents weren't there before either. I suppose a lot of people won't bother claiming for them though because of the insurer's famous phrase ... "Act of god". <_<

It would be interesting to find a figure of how much it's cost write-off wise, must be sooo much money.

1,700th post!! :lol:

Not just write offs either. Since "The Big Freeze" I've seen a lot more cars with dents on them, big and small, old and new. A lot of them local so I know the dents weren't there before either. I suppose a lot of people won't bother claiming for them though because of the insurer's famous phrase ... "Act of god". <_<

Same around here Nug. Lots of cars with biiiiiig scrapes along the sides - all different colours depending on what colour car they scraped against!

Same around here Nug. Lots of cars with biiiiiig scrapes along the sides - all different colours depending on what colour car they scraped against!

Yep, I was actually speaking to a guy the other day. I walk past his work to get to college and I noticed the front of his Mk4 Fiesta is caved in on the front wear he couldn't stop on the ice and went into the back of a Transit Tipper (I'll have to get a picture of it tomorrow). But he won't do nothing about it because he knows the insurance won't do anything.

There needs to be some sort of training for driving on ice I reckon. But having the facilities would be awkward I suppose.

I'm glad i avoided getting my car fixed earlier in the year! I'm finally going to do something about my wing soon hopefully :D

I'm glad i avoided getting my car fixed earlier in the year! I'm finally going to do something about my wing soon hopefully :D

Did the footage of that fiesta losing control on the black ice and the driver and passenger just jumping out ever make it on 2 here? Just thought it highlights the need 4 some sort of training in driving on ice other than the obvious of don't do it!

Did the footage of that fiesta losing control on the black ice and the driver and passenger just jumping out ever make it on 2 here? Just thought it highlights the need 4 some sort of training in driving on ice other than the obvious of don't do it!

I did see the video and yes it was on here. I agree with you, I think it does seem to show training of sort is needed.

I'd hate to see the aftermath after the couple jumped out of the car though, worst thing they could've done!

I did see that video!!

the aftermath was....The woman was fine, but the bloke was pushed up against another car and broke a few ribs me thinks

Both were utterly, utterly useless to society and should be sterilied at the nearest opportunity. The damage to the car was minimal, it stopped after backing into a brick wall, but the bumper, bootlit and back windscreen damaged.

'Kin numpties!

They have all been smashed up in the front ... Enough evidence to prove the Fiesta is a no go in the Ice / Snow :)

Harsh pictures :( Stuff of nightmares

On the original video description the original uploader stated that all the residents were warned not to use their cars. And you could see that people could barely walk on it. But those pillocks who took the car out had what was coming to them, should've known better.

I also believe they were being prosecuted for it, dangerous driving or something like that. serves them right!

You mean this video Amie: ;)

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2784411/Drivers-perform-Ice-Car-pades.html

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club