Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Start Button

mark t

Was told yesterday when I got my second fog light fitted, that his friend works for ford, and if you have the start button (like me) and you don't lock the doors, there's 45 seconds for someone to restart it!

Not actually tested that though!

Ive been on a training course for this and thats not true you can only start the vehicle if the key is within 2-3 metres of the vehicle.

I always press the button on the door as I'm leaving just to be sure. Keys never leave my pocket though, ever. Those days are behind me in the last century :P

Mine too, but it makes me think that every door in the world is like that!

i should imagine that if some 1 got in your car while u have just got out and were still close buy could start it seems to make sense to me as its the chip in the key that allows the car to start......but then you would see it happen any way so nothing to worry about..

it has to be very close, as I always keep it in the right hand back pocket (if you ever see me!) and if I need to press the button when I lean in from outside, it says it can't find the key, so have to stick my bum in further!

I am not sure that the 2 to 3m is that accurate either. I tried this out when I got the car as I wanted to know. Me stood next to the driver's door with the key in my pocket and the Missus trying to start the car inside wouldn't have it you had to put the key inside the car out side even right next to the window is no good the car won't have it.

On the point about never really touching the key after shoving it in your pocket, I have spent the last few days driving a hire car Focus and I wasted quite a lot of time wondering why there is no button on the door handle making me use the remote and why that damn boot wont open when I try to lift the tailgate, not to mention the severe lack of a start button (which at one point i did actualy get out of the car to have a good look round the dash to try and find it before discovering the folded ignition key on the remote). Strange how quickly you get used to things, after nearly 30 years driving using a key for everything (or a screwdriver with any older Ford :)) now not using a key seems like it's always been that way?????????

You have to have the keys in the car to start it don't worry... even when a customer is in the car trying to start it and i have the keys in my pocket it won't work...

thats just what i was told on the ford training course but i havent actually tried it

Think i might tomorrow though.

I know theres certain positions you have to be in for the recievers to pick up the signals

When I got my 5dr zetec in vison while mine was being serviced, I nearly went back in and asked how to start it, as there was no start button! That was one year to the day I last stuck a key in the ignition, when I left my house to the dealer, then took the key out, and handed it over!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club