Do Not Sell My Personal Information

more power please??

Tom.j

ive tried a few differents things but i think putting a set of 15 inch alloys on it has slowed it down dramatically anyone got any ideas how to get my speed back without taking off the alloys ?

An air filter change and a good service may sort it out for you mate, or upgrade the air filter and a new exhaust system so there is less restriction for it.

And welcome to FOC

An air filter change and a good service may sort it out for you mate, or upgrade the air filter and a new exhaust system so there is less restriction for it.

And welcome to FOC

thanks loads just done an oil change got her up a lil u think a K and N woyuld make a difference or 4 point spark plugs ?

another question.. high octane petrol really worth that lil bit extrra a litre?

thanks loads just done an oil change got her up a lil u think a K and N woyuld make a difference or 4 point spark plugs ?

another question.. high octane petrol really worth that lil bit extrra a litre?

K&N will make a difference yeah cause it increases the amount of air that flows into the car, and when theres more air the car requires more fuel meanin u get more power, although the other alternative is to try a mod chip in which goes on the air intake sensor, it sets it to a default so it takes in more air then it needs which does the same as above but increases ur bhp more

K&N will make a difference yeah cause it increases the amount of air that flows into the car, and when theres more air the car requires more fuel meanin u get more power, although the other alternative is to try a mod chip in which goes on the air intake sensor, it sets it to a default so it takes in more air then it needs which does the same as above but increases ur bhp more

cant chip anything on my car to old no ecu or sensors on it i dont think thanks for your help:)

cant chip anything on my car to old no ecu or sensors on it i dont think thanks for your help:)

ah rite well yeah ur best bet is to go for the performance air filter

Yea go for the air filter and the exhaust. Should free up a bit more power by allowing it to breathe a little better

hold on u know you said that having 15" alloys on it has slowed it down, are you sure that is hasn't just knocked your speedo, because when you put bigger wheels on the speed ometer shows that your going slower then what it says, for example it says 30mph when ur really doin 25, that might be what your thinkin of when you think its goin slower

make sure if you put your air filter on that you change for a better exhaust because you can end up spending loads on a filter haveing 1 or 2 more brake but if you upgrade the exhaust youl het more power becasue the exhaust air will have somewhere to escape or youll put preasure on your stock exhaust

ive tried a few differents things but i think putting a set of 15 inch alloys on it has slowed it down dramatically anyone got any ideas how to get my speed back without taking off the alloys ?

You could try fitting a porsche engine to it :lol: but seriously your speedy could and probably is now reading incorrect due to the change of wheel size!

• 4 weeks later...

could try fitting a 1.4/1.6 cvh exhaust, because of the increase of the bore.

or twin barrel carb from later model.. instead of single barrel.

also ive seen a camshaft kit available on eBay may only be for electronic ignition though.

otherwise some NOS octane booster/engine cleaner available from Halfords and a good rag should see a couple more horses

really depends how much you want to spend but id say simple just get the octane booster and a double barrel carb from a scrappy!

andy

basically you need to get more air in and out so any thing on induction or exhaust is going to help, even go for high lift cam and ported manifolds depends what you want to spend

cheers all ill av to chek my speedo wit a sat nav and will try all the other bits shud be gettin money sooon well payed fri thanks for advice:)

speedos are wrong anyway arent they? above 60mph my sat nav and speedo are at least 3-4 mph out

andy

yeah ur speedo can go 5% each way from being accurate, where as the sat-nav is 100% accurate, thats why if u get pulled over be te police sayin that ur speedin for example 34mph in a 30 zone and ur sat-nav says that the highest speed you'v done is 30mph then they havnt got a leg to stand on when it comes down to gettin u nicked

yeah ur speedo can go 5% each way from being accurate, where as the sat-nav is 100% accurate, thats why if u get pulled over be te police sayin that ur speedin for example 34mph in a 30 zone and ur sat-nav says that the highest speed you'v done is 30mph then they havnt got a leg to stand on when it comes down to gettin u nicked

incorrect, sat navs aren't 100% accurate! and with regards to the cops not having a leg to stand on i doubt very much using "i have a sat nav and it's more accurate than your radars/speed trap yadda yadda" would work in court!

incorrect, sat navs aren't 100% accurate! and with regards to the cops not having a leg to stand on i doubt very much using "i have a sat nav and it's more accurate than your radars/speed trap yadda yadda" would work in court!

erm yeah they are cause theyr always being tracked as theyr always connected to the satellites, making them 100% accurate, or is that incorrect too???

Sat nav is not 100% accurate. There is a slight time delay for the time of the signal to be relayed. I beleive that the signal is picked up on the sat nav in pulses not a continuous stream of information.

I suppose Blakey260 could also, belt down the road as per his speed on his sat nav ( in front of a cop car ) then when stopped argue his case, win it and post back here with his findings...........or maybe not eh!

I suppose Blakey260 could also, belt down the road as per his speed on his sat nav ( in front of a cop car ) then when stopped argue his case, win it and post back here with his findings...........or maybe not eh!

hows about i've already been in this situation where its happened, or are u guna go off on one not believing me then?

I've fitted a set of 15 inch rims on my Fiesta and the speedo did seem to respond more slowly but there was a definite improvement over the standard 13's. Much better road handling, the front wheels barely lock up anymore. Only downside is that the top speed was a tiny bit down, but I fixed that with a K&N air filter with a cold air feed pipe secured to the bottom grill and a 4 inch backbox exhaust.

What I think you should do is fit some carburettors as they will give you a few more extra horses, but I would get them professionaly tuned up otherwise your engine will run a bit rough affecting fuel economy and power. I think that K&N do air filters for carburetted cars so bag yourself that aswell. Exhaust wise, if you want to keep it cheap I bought my backbox from essexracing.com for 55 squids. You'll need to cut and weld the exhaust though but it'll be worth it.

im lookin 4 rims for m9 to. But yh put a new backbox and k&n n u will notice the difference a bit. k&n cost me £69 and exhaust cost me £85 including fitting m9 needed welding n all that done to it but its well worth the money. im thinking of chipping m9 n all when its done i will let u no if it does any difference :)

That doesnt apply if there equipment reads 34mph. And sat navs aren't 100% accurate, they are more accurate than a speedo but they do not take in too consideration elevation of the road and as previously said there is a slight time delay.

Your speedo should read slightly higher than what your actually doing as standard it shouldnt be 5% either way!

An air filter and an exhaust are the cheapest and quickest way to increase performance but to really get any proper gains you will have to spend more money.

What year is your fiesta?

omg chavs lol ur not gonna get anything more out of a fiesta 1.3 than probably extra 14bhp thats after spending about 800 on it tbh cheaper fitting a puma 1.7 engine or a zs engine

omg chavs lol ur not gonna get anything more out of a fiesta 1.3 than probably extra 14bhp thats after spending about 800 on it tbh cheaper fitting a puma 1.7 engine or a zs engine

Why chavs???