Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Zetec S Has Landed!

Jason Tierney

Hi, Im Jason :)

Ive been on here quite while It seems, Prob's from when I first got my 2004 Fiesta mk6 1.4 (edit- okay, only since FeB 09, btu still)

Ive had this car 2 years now and its a great little car. I had been saving up hard and in Jan started looking for a year or two old Fiesta Zetec S. By chance on another forum a dealer advised me he had a brand new one for sale not much more than second hand. It was a very good deal but the dealer was far away, I went to my local Ford dealer(literally 5 mins up the road) Benfield ford in leeds, just of the A64 roundabout. I went here because Its close, and we have bought cars before from a salesman there, I went to school with his son, so he takes great pride in trying to get the best deal for us. We did alot of bartering and He managed to get a factory built brand new Frozen White Zetec S 1.6 Ti-VCT with street pack and bluetooth, USB and Voicecontrol for about 1000 more than I was looking @ for 1/2 year old ones. And some of them didnt have BT and or Streetpack. Cant complain with that!

Anyway, The car has arrived! It arrived in the dealers on monday, went to see it yesterday, still got its transport wax and what not on it- im not picking it up for another month(insurance renewal/NCB date) so its staying on until I tell the dealer im ready to pick it up. Got my Numberplate too, saw a 10plate fiesta in the compound, looks good, cant wait to see mine all cleaned up with the plates on.

The one day I forget to take my phone to work Is the day i go to see the car =|

Going back todaywith my dad so i will take piccys then. Can not fricking wait

'10 plate

Mk 7 Fiesta

Zetec S

Frozen White

1.6 Ti-VCT 120PS

bluetooth, Voice control and USB(and 6 speakers)

Alloy Pedals

Tinted windows

17" alloys

ESP

Also having ford put a CAT1 alarm on it. My area isnt the best and the alarm is quite pony so its well worth it. And ford are only charging what other vendors would, i was surprised to say the least.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jason Tierney

• calmcdermott

• Rogue_Shadow

• AndrewL

Hi Jason, good to have another person on here from Yorkshire, im from bradford and got my zs from ringways! youve got me jealous by having a 10 plate though especially having the bluetooth (got told by ford they couldnt fit mine :angry:) very nice in frozen white though! in regards to your insurance, you should be able to change the car over before your policy finishes and still get your ncb (trust me i work for privilege car insurance) and just pay a lil more so you can drive your car, hope to hear back from you!

175 quid if i wanted to drive it on my current policy- dont think that includes the admin fee. Im happy to wait 4 more weeks though, ive waited 3 months already.

Well, its pretty lucky I got the bluetooth. I had my car sorted and was on the ford webby few days later speccing the same one, jsut to see price etc and i saw it said Free BT,UBS etc avalible on ALL models ordered between blah and blah.

I went back to Leo (My Salesman- genuinely is a great guy, treats all his customers very well that ive seen) and asked him about it. The dealership didnt know about it, they hadnt been informed by FMC. Leo did alot of running around and what not. He said my car was already beeing built, so they couldnt change it(at this point i was rather dissappointed because BT/USb is really handy, I jsut couldnt afford it, but if it was supposed to be free...) and then he said, "so, Il spec up and order you a new car with the bluetooth on it, in time for march delivery.

Top service!

Ive read 220 pages of this fiesta forum,for anythign thats about the mk7( apart from things like keyless entry that i dont have etc) its all i talk about im soo excited :) Im only 19, not bad for a second car!

2/3 of the price are on me, 1/3 of it is from parents for saving up so hard and cause they 'wuv me haha.

car sounds great, get some pictures up asap.

Do you have any details of the alarm that you've had fitted?

cheers

L

lol i couldnt wait to drive mine, the dealer shounds really good for me, i think iv paid too much for mine but oh well i live it, just a bugger to keep clean, we must be doin pretty well for our selves as im 19 as well, 20 in april!!!! I was well excited and reading through every single little topic, I want to fit the original bluetooth to mine as i have a parrott one which is useless, il have to look you up on facebook, if i talk to anyone else about my car they just look at me stupid!

Ooh Yorkshire people :D I know that dealer, I drove past going to my auntie's at Christmas (just off the ringroad in Idle/Shipley) and slowed down to look at the Fiestas.

I'm only 20 and the new Fez will be my first car (that I don't share with my dad) :D

Sounds a nice car Jason..

Which branch of Benfield did you use? I bought mine from the Kirkstall Road branch.. price was excellent and the service I received was top notch. I drove all the way from Kent to get it!

Also Radio Aire were doing a promotion in the showroom the Sat morning I was picking it up and they were all really nice folks aswell. It was to do with that branch now selling Hyundai too..

Enjoy your car, but get the insurance sorted asap and get driving! :)

Cheers

B.

I used Benfield Just of the A64/York Road, near the Irish Centre.

When i was looking at getting a second hand one in kirkstall road, i was looking at a exdemo with all the toys on. The finance quotes the sales guy was showing me were very high and I said to him that the york road benfileds was doing them alot cheaper and he insisted that I was wrong. I said i wasnt happy paying x amount per month and instead of trying to bargin with the price he just went ok, hang on a second, brought the finance manager out and said we can do it for 36months instead of 24 to bring the price down. I kindly explained to him that would make it MORE expensive not less expensive. Sneaky, because im young they must of thought i was stupid. I think they were a bit shook up by my knowledge and what not, he was saying his rates were better than the banks but I pulled a sheet of paper out of my back pocket showing him how wrong he was.

Didnt really like the service I got with Kirkstall road, but, each to their own- proberly a different sales man.

Well, Im done @ work, going home, waiting for my dad and going to take some piccys :D

Car sounds excellent mate, you've made a good choice! Bet your looking forward to collecting it now ... the next month's surely going to be a but hideous with the wait. Wow, a £175 premium increase for a months cover, how much is your insurance going to be for a year?

Well, it was 175 about 2 and a 1/2 months ago. I just dont want to spend that.

MY insurance will be just over 1000 @ 19y/o with 1 years NCB driving for 2years and3 months. eek. But to say my mk6 1.4 Zetec was 2000 last year with me as main driver!

Well, here it is :)

Excuse some of the blurry pictures etc. Click the thumbnails for larger images.

[th_100320101455.jpg

th_100320101456.jpg

th_100320101457.jpg

<3

Very Nice car mate! Picking mine up on Saturday :D

Sea Grey, Zetec S, 10 plate, City & Street pack with USB & bluetooth

Cannot WAIT, my Saxo runs out of insurance tonight So Im gonna take it for a final drive.

Im 19 aswell, Saved up laods of money working for BT as an apprentice

My premium is £700, but that's because I live in Cornwall, 2 years NCB & 1 year 9 months on license. Admiral were brilliant :D

Hope you enjoy your car mate

Nice to see young lads working hard and saving up for something they want, my lads thinks that is what I am there for

If I was you I would pay the £175 to drive it now, definitely worth the money ;) I was desperate to drive mine when it was delivered last week and I ended up paying an extra £130 to switch my policy, but well worth every penny. You must be killing yourself.

I feel so old with all you 19 year olds buying brand new cars and I'm only 23 :rolleyes:

YOU LUCKY PEOPLE, im 19, 20 in april, 2 years ncb held my licence for 2 years and STILL paying £2000 and I work for an insurance company!!!!!!!!!!

YOU LUCKY PEOPLE, im 19, 20 in april, 2 years ncb held my licence for 2 years and STILL paying £2000 and I work for an insurance company!!!!!!!!!!

How come yours is so much? High risk area code or something?

I consider myself EXTREMELY lucky to have such a car at my age. But Ive worked hard and saved for it

Haven't told a single one of my mates, just gonna let them find out B)

How come yours is so much? High risk area code or something?

I consider myself EXTREMELY lucky to have such a car at my age. But Ive worked hard and saved for it

Haven't told a single one of my mates, just gonna let them find out B)

Well for a start I live in BD4 Bradford, really highly rated, does my nut in, paying 179 a month, hopefully next year it drops to 1300 3 years ncb and 3 years of driving :angry:

thanks, greenymk7 made it for me, came on tonight, had my own topic dedicated and everything, feel touched lol!

thanks, greenymk7 made it for me, came on tonight, had my own topic dedicated and everything, feel touched lol!

Your sig looks really cool Cal, but erm... isn't your name spelled wrong!?

Well for a start I live in BD4 Bradford, really highly rated, does my nut in, paying 179 a month, hopefully next year it drops to 1300 3 years ncb and 3 years of driving :angry:

I am 50 yrs old soon and pay more than your £179 for a years fully comp by £30.00 (£199.00 a year fully comp)

Good to be old some times

is Rogue-shadow buying a old mans car? or am I buying a boy racers car?.

Or do we both have good taste?

100320101469.jpg

Looks like it's been crying... Must want to go for a drive!

Your sig looks really cool Cal, but erm... isn't your name spelled wrong!?

No, looks good to me! :D

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club