Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Key Question

gazorb

Hi,

I have only got 1 key. It has a blue bit, with 1 on it under a W. There are no buttons on it for remote central locking or to contol an alarm. I would like to get a spare just the same as the one I have got. Will it be expensive? I know it has to be coded or something for the imobiliser.

Thanks very much.

Gaz

Hi,

I have only got 1 key. It has a blue bit, with 1 on it under a W. There are no buttons on it for remote central locking or to contol an alarm. I would like to get a spare just the same as the one I have got. Will it be expensive? I know it has to be coded or something for the imobiliser.

Thanks very much.

Gaz

you dont say what year the car is the blue key is the master key this is the key you need when getting a new key cut very important to keep that key so what you need is simple really you can either buy the remote fob and blank key from say eBay make sure it comes with a blank transponder in it then any decent mobile locksmith can cut it and programme it ide say 80 quid or call up mobile locksmith in youre area and get a price ide say 100-140 will get you a key and remote with transponder plus cutting and programming. im assuming you have remote central locking?

Thanks very much for the quick response. It is a 2003 model. I'm a bit confused! It has not got any buttons on it for remote central locking. At the end of the day I'm not bothered about remote central locking, just a spare key. Any further advice much appreciated.

Thanks

Gaz

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks very much for the quick response. It is a 2003 model. I'm a bit confused! It has not got any buttons on it for remote central locking. At the end of the day I'm not bothered about remote central locking, just a spare key. Any further advice much appreciated.

Thanks

Gaz

okay all you need to do is get a key cut and coded any locksmith can do it the problem is if you only have 1 key ford will have to do it as to programme it to the car youreself you need 2 keys

• 1 month later...

If you came to us in benfleet, we would supply you with a working remote key (starts car and locks/unlocks doors using buttons)for £110. Dealer charges about £180.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Thanks very much.

Gaz

This blue chip you are seeing on your key is the colour of the chips on all fiestas from 01 on. It is not a master key. If you want to post your chassis i can check to see if your car is compatible for remote central locking, if so key blank £4 and remote £35, plus an hours labour to programme in from your Ford dealer.

This blue chip you are seeing on your key is the colour of the chips on all fiestas from 01 on. It is not a master key. If you want to post your chassis i can check to see if your car is compatible for remote central locking, if so key blank £4 and remote £35, plus an hours labour to programme in from your Ford dealer.

Ford keys from 1994 onward either have a red top (master key) which is used to program further user keys or a red chip (see photo right)

Form 2000 onwards they contained a blue chip which needs two working keys to program a third. If neither of these exsist then the keys need to be programed into the vehicle ECU via diagnostic equipment and carried out by auto locksmiths.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club