Do Not Sell My Personal Information

6000Cd Aux In Socket

ToneDeaf

I want to connect an MP3 player to the 6000CD unit on my 2006 1.6LX

Following extensive investigations, both on this Forum and the Internet, I removed the glove box and found the Aux In cable tied onto the passenger air-bag cable loom. However, the barrel for the 3.5mm jack socket is not present. See the attached photos found on Google Images.

Does anyone know if this barrel can be purchased separately or is only supplied as part of the complete cable kit (i.e. circa £20)?

I'm not overly worried as I have found the Aux-In C-connector pin-out detail and may just solder a connector from Maplins onto the cable end and mount this on a switch blank in the centre console.

I am pleased at having saved buying an Aux cable from Ford

:D

post-12830-126825669654_thumb.jpg

post-12830-126825670818_thumb.jpg

I want to connect an MP3 player to the 6000CD unit on my 2006 1.6LX

Following extensive investigations, both on this Forum and the Internet, I removed the glove box and found the Aux In cable tied onto the passenger air-bag cable loom. However, the barrel for the 3.5mm jack socket is not present. See the attached photos found on Google Images.

Does anyone know if this barrel can be purchased separately or is only supplied as part of the complete cable kit (i.e. circa £20)?

I'm not overly worried as I have found the Aux-In C-connector pin-out detail and may just solder a connector from Maplins onto the cable end and mount this on a switch blank in the centre console.

I am pleased at having saved buying an Aux cable from Ford

:D

Hi

I have done this my self but had to wire it because the plug I found behind the glovebox is for the air bag switch.

If the plug is black and red then it is something to do with the air bag system

I drilled the hole with a 20mm hole saw and removed the head unit and added the wire into the wiring loom and it was very easy to do

Hi Geoff,

Are you sure the Red/Black connector is for the Air Bag?

It is identical to the connector in the thumb nail photos (there was a better photo on the website where I found the info). Also the wiring, when unravelled, reaches exactly to the rear of the indent on the glovebox top where the 3.5mm jack barrel would mount. Hence this connector plugs into the jack barrel. Also, 3 wires to the plug (L/R/Gnd??).

I have ordered 4 x removal keys for the audio head unit off eBay. If the white C Connector is present on the back of the unit I will trace through with a multi-meter to see if there is continuity and report back on my findings.

Thanks for the warning as I don't want to tamper with the Air-Bag circuit :o

Hi Geoff,

Are you sure the Red/Black connector is for the Air Bag?

It is identical to the connector in the thumb nail photos (there was a better photo on the website where I found the info). Also the wiring, when unravelled, reaches exactly to the rear of the indent on the glovebox top where the 3.5mm jack barrel would mount. Hence this connector plugs into the jack barrel. Also, 3 wires to the plug (L/R/Gnd??).

I have ordered 4 x removal keys for the audio head unit off Ebay. If the white C Connector is present on the back of the unit I will trace through with a multi-meter to see if there is continuity and report back on my findings.

Thanks for the warning as I don't want to tamper with the Air-Bag circuit ohmy.gif

ha its certainly not advised i saw a mechanic short one once and it went off bust the windscreen in the pprocess it was an accident he was doing summat in the footwell behind the glove box some one not paying attention pushed the door shut on his leg his reaction caused him to do summat he didnt intend to it was funny to watch though

• Like 1

Hi

The best way is to check the block on the wiring loom at the back of the head unit and there will either be a blank space or a white plug to the bottom of the block

Geoff

Received my audio unit removal keys in the post today and withdrew the head unit this evening.

There is no white connector in the C port so bang goes my theory about the connector tied to the airbag loom. :rolleyes:

So it's off to do a deal with a Ford parts depot for the aux cable - unless anyone knows where I can get the C connector only? Maplin, RS, Farnell?

Thanks for the pointers Geoff.

Further searches on Google have revealed that certain PC motherboard connectors will fit onto the "Aux in" connector C.

Sure enough, I had a few spare motherboard serial connectors which happen to be arranged in the same 2 x 5 pins layout. These fit onto the connector C pins on the audio unit.

Also getting guidance from:-

http://web.mac.com/zifnab/Visteon_6000CD_in_Ford_Focus_C-Max/How_to_wire_the_Aux_input_on_A_Visteon_6000CD_in_a_C-Max.html

means that I now have a working connection to the 6000CD for my Ipod audio. :D

• 1 month later...

why dont you try a ctvfox002 it give you an aux in, dont get me wrong you lose your cd changer but if your putting an mp3 on their you will have all your songs on it anyway

cheers

or if you want an ipod connection use ctafoipod005 againg it just plugs in to your cd changer, theres also parts available for the older ford 6000 units should any one have of those

• 11 months later...

hey everyone new to the forum:)

just would like to know if you can purchuase the aux in connecter from anywhere?

i have a ford fiesta 56 reg and i located the wire under the gearstick, just searching for the aux input now to buy:(

• 1 month later...

hi,

i have 2006 focus. want to connect my iPhone for music. same problem as everyone else on jack visible. checked glove box and nothing. beside my front and rear window heater buttons are blanks on either side. i removed the two of these and both have some so sort of 5 pin socket behind each. can anyone tell me what they are for and how to connect my iPhone. its a zetec if thats any help. thanks

i have followed instruction from web site http://web.mac.com/z...in_a_C-Max.html but can only get sound from left Speakers. i have switch wires from jack to rear of unit left to right and then left wire only then right wire only. Even when the right wire only (Grey and White Striped)is connected sound only comes from the left speaker . what happening please

Have you checked your solders on the aux socket? I did similar sort of thing a year ago. Looking at your link, the aux socket from Maplin look quite small so you might have not soldered them on properly? Just my guess..

• 1 year later...

Hey,

I bought the aux cable from eBay, Ford Part No. 1426121, from a supplier in the UK for £19. Comes with 3.5mm jack the whole lot.

I removed the C block that was in the back of the radio ( it had a whole heap of wires in it) but when i took out the quadlock the radio only had pins for the aux (5,6,11 and 12 was there for a mic connection). So I just took out this 12 pin connection, plugged in the one I ordered, drilled a hole in the gloce box and hey presto - mp3 connection. Voice control and bluetooth still working so all's good.

Hope that helps anyone that googled this site initially!

From reading the posts, it appears that this is a standard 0,1" pitch pin header. Can anyone confirm this?

Does anyone have the pin nnumbering for the audio socket????

This is all appearing really confusing for just fitting an aux cable to a head unit that supposedly supports an aux cable.

Anybody care to create a guide?

I've just bought this cable no eBay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300541879333?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Is this gonna work?

That will do the job no bother.

I used one like that myself and ran the cable out from under the demister switch panel.

When you pull the radio forward and look at the quadlock connector on the back you should find an empty slot in the connector, the white plug just clips right in. (where the green one is in the picture)

images1-1.jpg

That will do the job no bother.

I used one like that myself and ran the cable out from under the demister switch panel.

When you pull the radio forward and look at the quadlock connector on the back you should find an empty slot in the connector, the white plug just clips right in. (where the green one is in the picture)

images1-1.jpg

Excellent.

The cable I bought has the male part of the jack at the end. Think I'll connect it to a female-to-female connector and lodge it into one of the empty "buttons" on the demister panel. Handy little aux output :).

I use a Griffin controller/charger for my iPod that plugs into my lighter socket and my aux cable just plugs directly into a 3.5 socket on the side of it.

For me it's a nice tidy arrangement.

• 1 year later...

Think I missed a trick. I have installed my cable to the exact area that Stoney871 has shown and there is no sound going through the CD6000 in the Focus 07 Mk2 that I installed it on. I am using an aftermarket cable that I got off of eBay.

The end of the cable (female) matched all the leads from the head unit as well.

Can anyone help?

• 11 months later...

The socket requires a specific connector on the cable unless you intend doing some very fine soldering.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club