Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heated Rear Windscreen

ToneDeaf

Ironing out a few niggles on the Wife's new car - 2006 1.6LX.

We have noted that the bottom 1/4 of the heated rear screen is not functioning.

I can't see any obvious breaks in the element runs that are visible on the screen.

Has anyone had experience with this? i.e. removed the hatch cover and examined the wiring arrangement for the heated element?

Ironing out a few niggles on the Wife's new car - 2006 1.6LX.

We have noted that the bottom 1/4 of the heated rear screen is not functioning.

I can't see any obvious breaks in the element runs that are visible on the screen.

Has anyone had experience with this? i.e. removed the hatch cover and examined the wiring arrangement for the heated element?

Take a kettle of boiling water into the car and let it steam up on the window, this should make seeing any breaks easier.

There appears to be quite a bit of silver worn off the bottom 5 rungs of the screen.

1 break is repairable with conductive solution, but the gaps on the other 4 would be too much to repair by this method.

The previous owner must have been too violent when cleaning the inside of the rear screen!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club