Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cruise Control - Is It Just A Sterring Wheel & Pcm Tweek

andybristol

Hi all, yes another newbee but hey we all gotta start somewhere !

Has anyone on here fitted cruise control to thier focus.... I've got a 57 plate 1.8 petrol/lpg (with climate pack, don't think that'll make a difference)

I've had a look around the web but it seems that some people say one thing and other don't know...lol. I rang my local Ford dealer today and they said "Quote, we wouln't recommend fitting an aftermarket kit !" Not what I asked him but thats usual as they never listen to what you say ! So I tried again by saying so it not just a ford steering wheel with the controls fitted and pcm flash then... he replied, "you'd have to bring it in and we'll look at it", not very inspiring was it !

So here I am... none the wiser, has anyone been there done it ????? was it just a simple plug and ("flash") play job as are most seem to be nowadays.

I was going t contact Ford Tech line until I seen it was £1.00 a min... what are they on ?

THANK YOU for any advice or evidence of it being done.

On the pay to view populare Focus Forum [hence I'm here, not resubscribing] it is discussed at great length. Short answer if you have the right fuse box in passenger foot well, its quite straight forward, but I would not say cheap. If you have the wrong fuse box like mine [its all in the coding]

CC.jpg

it's an arm and a leg, hence I decided forget it.

To be honest if you want it that much, private sale yours and buy a ghia with it already installed + a few more toys on board.Bet there wont be much difference in costs, if your paying for it to be retro fitted by Fords, and that's assuming you have the correct fusebox.

On the pay to view populare Focus Forum [hence I'm here, not resubscribing] it is discussed at great length. Short answer if you have the right fuse box in passenger foot well, its quite straight forward, but I would not say cheap. If you have the wrong fuse box like mine [its all in the coding]

CC.jpg

it's an arm and a leg, hence I decided forget it.

To be honest if you want it that much, private sale yours and buy a ghia with it already installed + a few more toys on board.Bet there wont be much difference in costs, if your paying for it to be retro fitted by Fords, and that's assuming you have the correct fusebox.

its not worth it really its not summat just joe bloggs can do himself theres a lot of coding to it and as ssaid it will cost ana rm and a leg we had qoutes of 500 quid from people who asked about having it done

its not worth it really its not summat just joe bloggs can do himself theres a lot of coding to it and as ssaid it will cost ana rm and a leg we had qoutes of 500 quid from people who asked about having it done

Darn shame cos I've found a chap with several new steering wheels with the controls fitted, he wanted around £30.00 a piece so it seemed a cheap place to start, now all the obsticals.

So is the fuse box above the correct type for the modification ???

thanks Andy

Darn shame cos I've found a chap with several new steering wheels with the controls fitted, he wanted around £30.00 a piece so it seemed a cheap place to start, now all the obsticals.

That's cheap, do they come with airbag fitted?

So is the fuse box above the correct type for the modification ???

thanks Andy

Andy I.m not in the habit of carrying round photo's of other women, somebody else's kids, or fuse boxes for that matter :D

Here is some copy paste from a guy who supplies Ford parts on the other forum. So fairly safe to assume he knows what he is talking about, and others.Its a four page thread, but most of it is peeps asking stuff, not actually knowing stuff. One guy posted about 10 posts asking where the Fuse Box [PGB] was :rolleyes:

I have looked into this and all that would be needed is a steering wheel with controls and a ford dealer, as it would need the PCM programming

Tezza

Don't forget Tezza that you need the correct level of PJB to work with cruise control.

PJB is that box pictured above

If you look at your PJB and find the label and look at the last two letters and the first letter begins with a D your in luck as that for all service's

Tezza

Just checked column loom and wires are there for the cruise control - white and brown in pins 4 and 5 from memory. Clutch switch is there.

So all looks promising so far!!

Just got to wait for steering wheel and new airbag to arrive then I'll give it a go!!

My PJB has the letters BC, hence not compatiable a guy with a Ghia obviously with cruise has a DJ

another guy showed a photo of his PJB and it was a DC.

So what you need to do is check yours starts with a D. Drop your fuse box in the passenger foot well see if you have it.

I don't know anything else as I did not pursue it once I found out I had the wrong PGB [so it's pointless trying to pump me for more info] Besides the last post on that thread was me with a picture of my PGB and the words "oh dear" Others had ones with the codes LX and BH, so also not compatiable.

PS: Nobody who showed an interest in doing it, came back on that thread and said UREKA it worked....so don't ask :ph34r:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club