Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How Do I Activate Auto Door Locking And Unlocking Drivers Door Only

james_60

Hello

how do i activate auto door locking and unlocking drivers door only.

I have read somewhere that these have to be dealer enabled is this true.

Jamie

On my mk6 this was on the options menu but the mk7 doesn't seem to be able to do this... not sure why.

When I went to see my car, only the driver door opened and the passenger door woudulnt open, he said the above reason also. Hopefully you will be able to change it yourself, its not exactly a major thing for a dealer to change is it?

Hello

Yes i agree it was on my mk6 as well but they seem to have deleted it.

How do i change the setting.

Surely there are loads of hidden settings we can change but how.

Jamie

• 1 month later...

Take your car remote and press the door unlock and lock buttons simultaneously for at least 4 seconds with the ignition off.

The direction indicators will flash twice to indicate that the unlocking function has been sucessfully re-programmed.

Pressing and holding both buttons simultaneously for at least four seconds again will change the function back.

:D

• Like 1

Take your car remote and press the door unlock and lock buttons simultaneously for at least 4 seconds with the ignition off.

The direction indicators will flash twice to indicate that the unlocking function has been sucessfully re-programmed.

Pressing and holding both buttons simultaneously for at least four seconds again will change the function back.

Just tried this and can confirm that it works! B)

once ive done this how do i open the passengers side door using the remote is there a way. or is it it just unlocks the drivers and then u have to unlcok the passengers from the inside. or do you have to press it loads of times for it open or what?

once ive done this how do i open the passengers side door using the remote is there a way. or is it it just unlocks the drivers and then u have to unlcok the passengers from the inside. or do you have to press it loads of times for it open or what?

Pressing the unlock button on your remote twice within 3 seconds also unlocks the passengers doors.

:)

You mention Auto-Locking? Would that be a function that locks the car automatically when in motion? That would be a nifty little feature if I can get it :)

This post seems to have all the info:

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5008&view=findpost&p=39612

Extract:

"Anti Hijack Feature

1. Turn on ignition until the dash lights come on but don't start engine!

2. Lock the door using the lever on the door handle and then unlock 3 Times

3. Turn off ignition

4. Repeat 2 but with ignition OFF

5. Turn on ignition - should hear a beep

6. Lock door again as in 2 BUT ONLY ONCE - final beep should be heard

7. Done!

Doors should now lock at around 5mph. including reverse!!!"

Don't know if any of it works though, have only attempted the drivers door one in the previous posts.

This post seems to have all the info:

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5008&view=findpost&p=39612

Extract:

"Anti Hijack Feature

1. Turn on ignition until the dash lights come on but don't start engine!

2. Lock the door using the lever on the door handle and then unlock 3 Times

3. Turn off ignition

4. Repeat 2 but with ignition OFF

5. Turn on ignition - should hear a beep

6. Lock door again as in 2 BUT ONLY ONCE - final beep should be heard

7. Done!

Doors should now lock at around 5mph. including reverse!!!"

Don't know if any of it works though, have only attempted the drivers door one in the previous posts.

you cant unlock the door using the leaver. if u pull it the door just opens so you cant unlock it three times. any ideas? i tried the unlock button , but didnt work ever. and sometimes it didnt even let me unlock and lock using the button 3 times in a row

any1 got it working?

You are awesome.

you cant unlock the door using the leaver. if u pull it the door just opens so you cant unlock it three times. any ideas? i tried the unlock button , but didnt work ever. and sometimes it didnt even let me unlock and lock using the button 3 times in a row

any1 got it working?

I reckon this must be written for the mk6, where you push the door handle in to lock the car.

• 2 months later...

Hi there i tried this but i dosen't lock when i start driving. the only thing that this do it was i unlock the driver door first and press button second and unlock the rest.What i'm doing bad?I have a fiesta mk7 from 2009

I dont know if it will automatically lock the doors after yoou drive off

But i can confirm the re-programming does work... only if the car is unlocked to start with though

Thanks!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club