Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Central Locking Gremiln

Frankie1973

Hi all, I have a 2001 Focus LX, and the central locking is playing up.

went to open car using remote, car opens except Drivers door.

unlocked door with key

arrive home, proceed to lock car with remote and the locking locks, and then unlocks.

car will lock from the key and activate all doors, i can then press the button to deadlock/indicators flash,

car will unlock from remote, but again not drivers door.

have reprogrammed both fobs, but still no luck,

my next options are to:

disconnect battery for 10-20 mins..

disconnect module (which i believe is under the dash above pedals)

or continue to use the key and not the fobs.

this did happen a couple of weeks ago but i found that by pressing the unlock, when the car was unlocked, followed by the lock, to lock the car managed to reset the module, this is not working this time..

any thoughts..?

Hi all, I have a 2001 Focus LX, and the central locking is playing up.

went to open car using remote, car opens except Drivers door.

unlocked door with key

arrive home, proceed to lock car with remote and the locking locks, and then unlocks.

car will lock from the key and activate all doors, i can then press the button to deadlock/indicators flash,

car will unlock from remote, but again not drivers door.

have reprogrammed both fobs, but still no luck,

my next options are to:

disconnect battery for 10-20 mins..

disconnect module (which i believe is under the dash above pedals)

or continue to use the key and not the fobs.

this did happen a couple of weeks ago but i found that by pressing the unlock, when the car was unlocked, followed by the lock, to lock the car managed to reset the module, this is not working this time..

any thoughts..?

open the effected door by the sound of it drivers locate the torq screw on the lock basically open the door look at the latch on the door theres 3 screws remove th ebottom one nearest the inside of the car and spray some wd40 in replace the screw nad check if it works

open the effected door by the sound of it drivers locate the torq screw on the lock basically open the door look at the latch on the door theres 3 screws remove th ebottom one nearest the inside of the car and spray some wd40 in replace the screw nad check if it works

Thanks, I have disconnected the battery for now, and will try that tomorrow, yes it seems to be the drivers lock thats at fault..

Thanks, I have disconnected the battery for now, and will try that tomorrow, yes it seems to be the drivers lock thats at fault..

i had a similar issue i did what i said above spraying the wd40 in the hole at a downwards angle that was 6 months ago and its been fine ever since

i had a similar issue i did what i said above spraying the wd40 in the hole at a downwards angle that was 6 months ago and its been fine ever since

well i disconnected the battery, and sprayed the inside of the lock, but it was the same, then for some reason i opened the boot, and now it works...???

anyway, good for, now, as i have just fitted an alpine head unit and changer, tinted the rear doors and infills and fitted a roller shade.. get in..

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club