Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Erratic Revs When Cold With Added Whining Noise!

keith43

i had a replacement engine fitted recently. when i picked the car up, it felt different. the revs were running higher than normal, but only whilst it was cold. It now has a whistling / whining noise also, but not immediately. I have a daily run to work of roughly 3 miles. when i pull up to stop. the revs are around 1500 - 2000 and the noise is really loud. this is out of gear? if i blip the throttle, it eventually goes off. As ive mentioned, my car didnt have this problem before the replacement engine was fitted. the garage say that its the charcoal canister! I dont belive them! They have put the engine in with the inlet manifold attached. Could it be this, as they didn't fit my original one back on?

A speedy response would be greatly appreciated from anyone with knowledge of what this might be.

cheers

Keith

i had a replacement engine fitted recently. when i picked the car up, it felt different. the revs were running higher than normal, but only whilst it was cold. It now has a whistling / whining noise also, but not immediately. I have a daily run to work of roughly 3 miles. when i pull up to stop. the revs are around 1500 - 2000 and the noise is really loud. this is out of gear? if i blip the throttle, it eventually goes off. As ive mentioned, my car didnt have this problem before the replacement engine was fitted. the garage say that its the charcoal canister! I dont belive them! They have put the engine in with the inlet manifold attached. Could it be this, as they didn't fit my original one back on?

A speedy response would be greatly appreciated from anyone with knowledge of what this might be.

cheers

Keith

in simple terms no its not the charcoal cannister the high revs could be the idle control valve obviously youre old one didnt do it so a simple swap with that idle control valve would sort it also the throttle position sensor could be sticking

in simple terms no its not the charcoal cannister the high revs could be the idle control valve obviously youre old one didnt do it so a simple swap with that idle control valve would sort it also the throttle position sensor could be sticking

thanks for the reply.

If its the ICV; is it easy to change? Would this make the whistling / whining noise? It only happens when i 1st start the car up. Why would this be? Cheers peeps........

thanks for the reply.

If its the ICV; is it easy to change? Would this make the whistling / whining noise? It only happens when i 1st start the car up. Why would this be? Cheers peeps........

a whistling noise could be down to air escaping with it idling open the bonnet and see if you can track it down

a whistling noise could be down to air escaping with it idling open the bonnet and see if you can track it down

Thanks for the advise fella. All sorted. the garage finally saw sense (and my mad eyes!) and changed the ICV. Suprise - suprise, the problem ceased...

Thanks for the advise fella. All sorted. the garage finally saw sense (and my mad eyes!) and changed the ICV. Suprise - suprise, the problem ceased...

another happy ending glad you got it sorted

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club