• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jw220770

jw220770

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Ford Model: mondeo

Posted 13 March 2010 - 01:35 PM

Hi all just looking for some advice, i have just bought a cat d mondeo mk3 with the log book but the red declaration of sale has not been signed buy the previous owner, how do i go about getting the log book in my name?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 jay1981

jay1981

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Focus Zetec 1.8 TDCI
  • Year: 2009

Posted 13 March 2010 - 10:46 PM

Just sign it yourself :o DVLA never check. Done this loads of times.

#3 jw220770

jw220770

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 12:13 AM

Yeah thought about that but just wanted to be sure that it was not a standard thing as its been cat d, you know why it aint signed, then i sign it as someone else and they notice and think "hold on a minute this guys at it" and end up in trouble :(

#4 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct
  • Year: 2006

Posted 14 March 2010 - 03:50 PM

Yeah thought about that but just wanted to be sure that it was not a standard thing as its been cat d, you know why it aint signed, then i sign it as someone else and they notice and think "hold on a minute this guys at it" and end up in trouble Posted Image

tut tut not good call the dvla or the previos owner and get it signed you arent meant to have the log book anyway its the sellers responsibility to fill and send away you should have a green sectiojn saying you are the new owner of the car ide get a mate to sign the red bit if you know the sellers name and send it off

#5 jw220770

jw220770

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 09:07 PM

yeah thats what i thought but the guy i bought it off just handed me the whole thing, i didn`t even think to ask him to sign it but yeah it has the owners name on it so i guess i could just get a m8 to sign it. but maybe phone the dvla tomorrow and see what they say. thanx for the responses

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users