Do Not Sell My Personal Information

O/t - Another Incredibly Happy Chappy

aph1101

Hello all :D

For those of you that know me, you'll know that I'm learning to drive. Today I sat my theory test, and passed :D :D I got 48/50 on my multiple choice and 58/75 on the hazard perception. I'm dead chuffed!! Only bad thing is, the next test slot is in May :( Needless to say it is booked, and also that I will be pulling my hair out by then. My instructor says I'm practically ready now. Grr......I'm pleased anyway :)

Congrats :D Shame your practical has to be so far away... Couldn't you use a different test centre?

As said in text ( which you won't receive for anouther two weeks knowing you! ) Very well done!

Keep checking online for slots everyday, then if you find a cancellation book it asap :)

Phone them as well. I passed second time - got a slot 14 days after the fail (the minimum required time I think it was).

Well done! :D

Do you have any tips for the hazard perception section? My sister's doing hers at the moment and I've forgotten all about it!

She always manages to spot the hazards but most of the time they seem to expect that you'll spot them before you can even see what's going on.

Do you have to let it develop and then click? How many times can you click per video? It's quite a few times isn't it?

When I did the hazard perception (christ, almost 7 years ago!), the rule was "If it moves, click".

Well done! :D

Do you have any tips for the hazard perception section? My sister's doing hers at the moment and I've forgotten all about it!

She always manages to spot the hazards but most of the time they seem to expect that you'll spot them before you can even see what's going on.

Do you have to let it develop and then click? How many times can you click per video? It's quite a few times isn't it?

Erm... My only tip would be to get the official hazard perception DVD! It's about 17 quid but it got me through it! They expect you to click when you see a hazard developing, and the earlier you click, the more points you get (each clip is out of 5). They only mark you on developing hazards that develop into actual hazards, making you change your direction or speed. You get 14 clips with 15 developing hazards (i.e. one clip has 2 hazards). You can click as much as you want, but they warn you before you start that if you just sit there clicking, you fail for that clip. I clicked between 5-10 times per clip I think. The pass mark is 44/75 and that is equivalent to 3/5 for each clip

Hope that helps!

This is what I tell my friends to prepare them for the HP.

A hazard is regarded as something that makes you slow down, change direction, or stop. For each hazard you see, you need to click on it twice. Click when you FIRST see the hazard, no matter how far away it is. Then click again for the same hazard, when you have to take action to avoid it (slow down/change direction/stop). But never mindlessly click thinking there's a hazard almost everywhere, one of my friends tried this and he was disqualified from the test.

the hazard perception is bull..... to be honest with you, it expects you to stop looking at the road, but rather cars in streets about to pull out... daft really but i dont know how i passed it!! but congrats for passing it :)