3 replies to this topic

#1 harveyzone

harveyzone

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Ford Model: 2001 Focus 2.0 Ghia

Posted 14 March 2010 - 08:53 PM

Hi there,

I am trying to buy a replacement three button remote key for a 2001 Focus Ghia, but there appears to be more than one type available which are not cross compatible, and they all look the same. I have seen model numbers such as 98BG15K601AA, 2S6T15K601AB, 3M5T15K601AB, 98AG15K601AD etc.

Is this correct, and if so, how can I find out which one I need before I end up with the wrong one?

Many thanks,
Tom.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,337 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct
  • Year: 2006

Posted 15 March 2010 - 02:21 PM

Hi there,

I am trying to buy a replacement three button remote key for a 2001 Focus Ghia, but there appears to be more than one type available which are not cross compatible, and they all look the same. I have seen model numbers such as 98BG15K601AA, 2S6T15K601AB, 3M5T15K601AB, 98AG15K601AD etc.

Is this correct, and if so, how can I find out which one I need before I end up with the wrong one?

Many thanks,
Tom.

split youre key and remote in two and ion the remote at the rear side on the bottom near the transponder the glass bit you will see a number stamped onto the remote this is the code for it order the same as is stamped on the key if you have lost the remote completely then im afraid yuoull need a mobile locksmith that does the coding or call ford and ask nicely for the number you need to order a replacement

#3 harveyzone

harveyzone

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Ford Model: 2001 Focus 2.0 Ghia

Posted 15 March 2010 - 07:12 PM

split youre key and remote in two and ion the remote at the rear side on the bottom near the transponder the glass bit you will see a number stamped onto the remote this is the code for it order the same as is stamped on the key if you have lost the remote completely then im afraid yuoull need a mobile locksmith that does the coding or call ford and ask nicely for the number you need to order a replacement

Thanks - I have found it. I was looking in completely the wrong place :rolleyes:

#4 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,337 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct
  • Year: 2006

Posted 15 March 2010 - 07:15 PM

Thanks - I have found it. I was looking in completely the wrong place Posted Image

i only know cos when you asked i pulled mine open and had a lookPosted Image

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users